• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Marlins showed interest in LeMahieu

So Jeter was already looking into smart ways to put money into improving the on field product as opposed to purposely fielding a cheap team with no interest in ever actually winning? That doesn't seem to fit the narrative I've heard around here.

• Haha 2

@DTrain... jokes aside, isn't this a good sign based on your concerns the other day? You said you worried that they wouldn't spend money on adding quality veterans in a couple of seasons and this says they're already looking at doing so. 

I'm also liking how they're thinking ahead to add a good but fair priced piece early instead of having to significantly overpay later. Smart thinking. Also shows they don't intend to keep payroll low forever. 

Edited by SilverBullet (see edit history)

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

I am more interested in knowing what this means for Castro. What were they planning to do?

They probably had a general idea but since this never got close I doubt anything was settled and it's doubtful we'll ever hear about it. Maybe they had a trade partner coming through.

Not needed to make a new thread for this shit, merge it to the 2018-2019 off-season thread