• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Marlins showed interest in LeMahieu

3 minutes ago, Piazza31 said:

My spending money, isn't it obvious.

The Red Sox traded for Chris Sale.

Not to mention, a Chris Sale type wasn't a free agent last off-season unless I'm forgetting someone.

1 hour ago, DTrain said:

Do the Red Sox win the 2018 World Series if they didn’t go out and get Chris Sale? 

Yeah, probably, if we're being honest. Sale only pitched 158 innings in 2018. The Red Sox were the best complete team in baseball last year, and without Sale, they'd have been fine. Only difference, they probably win 104 instead of 108. Their offense was absolutely bonkers, number one in all the slashing categories [average, OBP, SLG, OPS]. Had the most hits and runs. Their pitching outside of Sale was still very good. Not astronomically good, like Sale has been with them, but very good.

So. Yeah. I say they still win the 2018 World Series without Sale. Who was there in 2017, I might add.

The better example to use would be Justin Verlander in 2017 if you wanted to show what a #1 can do. I can say with certainty, Houston wouldn't have won without Verlander. Though just like Sale, Verlander was acquired in a trade.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Yeah, probably, if we're being honest. Sale only pitched 158 innings in 2018. The Red Sox were the best complete team in baseball last year, and without Sale, they'd have been fine. Only difference, they probably win 104 instead of 108. Their offense was absolutely bonkers, number one in all the slashing categories [average, OBP, SLG, OPS]. Had the most hits and runs. Their pitching outside of Sale was still very good. Not astronomically good, like Sale has been with them, but very good.

So. Yeah. I say they still win the 2018 World Series without Sale. Who was there in 2017, I might add.

Do the Marlins win the World Series in 2003 if they don’t go out and get an impact bat (Pudge)? 

I can go on and on. 

Just now, DTrain said:

Do the Marlins win the World Series in 2003 if they don’t go out and get an impact bat (Pudge)? 

I can go on and on. 

Started off 19-29, so I mean.

But realistically, I would say no, we don't.

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Not to mention, a Chris Sale type wasn't a free agent last off-season unless I'm forgetting someone.

Personally, I’m not taking about 2017. 

I’m talking about 2021.

Just now, DTrain said:

Personally, I’m not taking about 2017. 

I’m talking about 2021.

Who is currently slated to be a free agent that year? We can drum up a discussion there, probably will be some good arms then.

15 minutes ago, DTrain said:

Highly unlikely. They also probably don't win without trading for Urbina or Conine. These are all things that most fans already know about WS teams nearly every season, I don't get what point you're trying to make.