• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Marlins showed interest in LeMahieu

16 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

it's actually refreshing, as they should have been all in on the Cuban market YEARS ago at a bare minimum. 

Agreed again. Only name I ever heard us linked to from Cuba was Cespedes. I wonder how much that would have changed things in 2012.

I think the way Jeter/Sherman approached the draft and IFA market doesn't get enough credit here. Those who like to say they are just like Loria, just forget those things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Highly unlikely. They also probably don't win without trading for Urbina or Conine. These are all things that most fans already know about WS teams nearly every season, I don't get what point you're trying to make.

C’mon, man you can’t be serious.  

Please re-read the last few pages of this thread. If you still don’t understand my point than I will gladly rephrase it. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Because they spent big bucks in the international free agent market largely, tbh.

Absolutely. Great thing there. Hope it keeps happening. 

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Marlins need to focus on developing an ace by 2021, acquiring pitching is expensive as fuck.  

100% right here. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 8:52 PM, Michael said:

Agreed again. Only name I ever heard us linked to from Cuba was Cespedes. I wonder how much that would have changed things in 2012.

I remember we were inexplicably not very "in" on Jose Abreu too, even though he's Cuban and was a 1st baseman, which we didn't have at the time (and still don't for that matter).

The previous regime avoided the international free agent market like the plague, even when it made so much sense to be in it.

4 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

The previous regime avoided the international free agent market like the plague, even when it made so much sense to be in it.

The previous regime avoilded winning like the plague. They did everything they could to be bad. I have stood by this idea for a while, if we had done nothing, not tried to win, not traded anyone from our organization since 2015 we would be in contention right now, with top prospects, AND a good rotation. This is even assuming Fernandez's tragic death.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

How long ago was "the plague?"

It's 2019... isn't it time for an update to "avoided it like the plague?"

Avoided it like the Swine Flu better?