SonOfJack

FanFest - Feb 9

Oh yeah the tickets, I ended up going in with a large group as I met with my brother in law and his family outside and we all walked in together so I walked in first and I go to give the guy my tickets and I just casually said "gimme a second we're a big group" and he says "don't worry I just need to scan one ticket" and he scanned one ticket and just told the rest of us to go through. There may have been a reason for the tickets but it wasn't truly that everyone needed a ticket. 

Last thing... the uniforms look amazing in person, both caps and jerseys... pictures do not do these uniforms justice. I was in love with everything about them today. There's certain elements that work differently to the naked eye than in photographs. Yes there's a lot of black but the blue and red manage to fit in just right to make the whole look work. I think the uniforms have gotten plenty of praise thus far but after today I'm thinking these uniforms are gonna grow on people even more over time. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, SixtoBullet said:

Last thing... the uniforms look amazing in person, both caps and jerseys...

Get me one, thanks.

8 hours ago, SixtoBullet said:

I'm thinking these uniforms are gonna grow on people even more over time. 

So should I have gotten it a size smaller then? I’ve heard of clothes shrinking when washed but never growing. Crap.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, SixtoBullet said:

Last thing... the uniforms look amazing in person, both caps and jerseys... pictures do not do these uniforms justice. I was in love with everything about them today. There's certain elements that work differently to the naked eye than in photographs. Yes there's a lot of black but the blue and red manage to fit in just right to make the whole look work. I think the uniforms have gotten plenty of praise thus far but after today I'm thinking these uniforms are gonna grow on people even more over time. 

Just browsing through posts on social media where fans shared photos of themselves with players I noticed a handful where the fan had last years home jersey alongside the player wearing the new one.   It really illustrates the upgrade.  

• Like 1

22,000 fans to 2,000 in a year! Wow! Wish we knew how many were there in 2016 and 2017. 

Also, these attendance numbers probably means it's at 3-7 next year too. Just sayin. 

Just now, SixtoBullet said:

22,000 fans to 2,000 in a year! Wow! Wish we knew how many were there in 2016 and 2017. 

Also, these attendance numbers probably means it's at 3-7 next year too. Just sayin. 

And that's a day after trading Realmuto. I know it was a free event, but it was free last year too.

What changed? My only two guesses are the rebrand creating a different literal image to the public that this is not the old Loria days anymore... and that the last year of community engagement with these players did work to a degree. They might not be the "best" players yet but people are getting used to seeing guys like Brinson, Lopez, Rojas, and others involved in the community on social media and so on and so on and I think it made real fans forget about the people who left and they quickly got used to these guys. That's how I see it.

Last year it was everybody left let's go to fan fest to see the new guys but nobody knew the new guys. This year, people who actually follow the team already know the new guys and were more ready to come out. 

The uniforms definitely looked great up close/in person, I just worry about the look from a distance - and that's only from a colors concern - the bright colors get washed out by the black from a distance when not in direct light.

• Like 1