SonOfJack

FanFest - Feb 9

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I want a ticket anyway. I feel like a loser without one. 

The ticket won't help. 

• Like 1

3:00-7:00 PM is dumb. 

11:00-4:00 is perfect:

Not so early that you have to set an alarm clock or rush through breakfast and showers and not so late that it interferes with Saturday night dinner plans. 

6 hours ago, DTrain said:

11:00-4:00 is perfect:

Not so early that you have to set an alarm clock or rush through breakfast and showers and not so late that it interferes with Saturday night dinner plans. 

I read they're gonna do fireworks, that's probably one of the reasons they want some of it to be after dark.

The email I got advertised the festivities as including "live music, food trucks, merchandise, giveaways, autographs, on-field access".  The last two were in smaller font than the others.  I find that very odd.  The only reason to go to a FanFest is to get autographs, selfies, etc.. with, you know, the baseball players.  Who cares about live music and food trucks?

39 minutes ago, LHPMarlin said:

The email I got advertised the festivities as including "live music, food trucks, merchandise, giveaways, autographs, on-field access".  The last two were in smaller font than the others.  I find that very odd.  The only reason to go to a FanFest is to get autographs, selfies, etc.. with, you know, the baseball players.  Who cares about live music and food trucks?

image.png

This is the email, the fonts are almost identical sizes. I don't really understand your issue with it.

8 hours ago, DTrain said:

11:00-4:00 is perfectt

I agree with this.

Maybe they saw how poor the FanFest attendance was last year and decided to try something new. I think we can all agree that it wasn't the time of the event that led to poor attendance though.

If it is due to fireworks as SB mentioned, that makes sense. Though I don't think fireworks are necessary.

Every other team in the league does their FanFest event in the morning-afternoon hours like Miami used to do as far as I know. There's probably a reason every team does it that way.

I'm with him... the baseball things are less emphasized than the non baseball things. It's not about font size but I thought the same when seeing the email. The order that you read them in implies order of importance and that email makes it sound like a music festival that might have a few baseball players wandering around, especially with the images on the bottom showing the musical notes.

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm with him... the baseball things are less emphasized than the non baseball things. It's not about font size but I thought the same when seeing the email. The order that you read them in implies order of importance and that email makes it sound like a music festival that might have a few baseball players wandering around, especially with the images on the bottom showing the musical notes.

I saw all the items at the same time personally but I get what you are saying.

Maybe it again is "trying something new" because of the poor attendance last year. Maybe they are trying to put the focus on stuff that fans aren't used to seeing there in order to get some new visitors.

This along with the social area and SRO section could all be ways of trying to get some traditional "non-baseball" fans into the park since they don't have many actual baseball fans.

• Like 1

Just now, SonOfJack said:

If it is due to fireworks as SB mentioned, that makes sense. Though I don't think fireworks are necessary.

After I wrote it I realized the fireworks might have been added on after deciding to put it on so late so we can't know for sure if the fireworks are THE reason or were added on after the fact but it was worth a mention.

In general remember they're trying to make Marlins Park a weekend destination as a spot to be BEFORE going out on Saturday nights... this ends at 7, plenty of time to still do things afterwards. Maybe that's what they're aiming for here.

And if the complaint is about dinner time, they'll tell you that food will be available... not defending it just saying what they'll say.