Blowing an 8-1 lead? WE'RE BACK, BABY

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

It's 3 days before the regular season and you have a seven run lead. It was an easy game to win at that point by just pulling Conley a batter or two earlier. Set the tone for the season. It's not the result that matters it's the mentality it sets for the players. This is July, not March. Convince these players they can hang with the Braves instead of reminding them that they're predicted to be in last place. 

In a regular season game, if that situation arises, the guy Mattingly is probably turning to had already been used in the 4th inning last night. 

Players are just getting their work in. Plus, there are a lot of new guys on the team this year who probably don’t care much about our past against the Braves.

I guess I see your point, but the games are clearly still being played like Spring Training games. Guys are getting their work in getting ready for Friday.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Erick said:

In a regular season game, if that situation arises, the guy Mattingly is probably turning to had already been used in the 4th inning last night. 

Players are just getting their work in. Plus, there are a lot of new guys on the team this year who probably don’t care much about our past against the Braves.

I guess I see your point, but the games are clearly still being played like Spring Training games. Guys are getting their work in getting ready for Friday.

I know. I vented this morning because it was a winnable game but I did say that I was also giving Mattingly the benefit of the doubt. 

14 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I know. I vented this morning because it was a winnable game but I did say that I was also giving Mattingly the benefit of the doubt. 

A bigger problem right now is Mattingly publicly coming out and saying he only has trust in 3 relievers (Kintzler, Yimi & Boxberger). Hopefully that number goes up as the season goes on.

6 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

It's 3 days before the regular season and you have a seven run lead. It was an easy game to win at that point by just pulling Conley a batter or two earlier. Set the tone for the season. It's not the result that matters it's the mentality it sets for the players. This is July, not March. Convince these players they can hang with the Braves instead of reminding them that they're predicted to be in last place. 

I don't mind it as long as it leads to a DFA.

51 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Ask doc Brown.

back to the future 121 gigawatts GIF

Someone the other day told me that if Marty went to the future he wouldn't actually run into his future self because his future self hadn't actually gotten there yet. Like saying that because of the time machine Marty got to the future before his future self would have gotten there.

I haven't slept since this was told to me. 

10 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I get it, this has happened countless times... but beyond the joke what actually makes you think Conley would be successful elsewhere? He's blown numerous opportunities here so nothing tells me a change of scenery would help him.

Its a funny joke come on.

They should just DFA him for fucks sake.

Brett Cecil is available!

12 hours ago, EricOwens! said:

Wtf happened to Conley. He had flashes as a starter and had a dominant stretch as a reliever. He seems like one of those guys that's too in their own head.

I wanna say the same thing. He's probably overthinking at this point. Might be one of those guys who would should think less and just start throwing and see what happens. 

• Like 2