Sign in to follow this  
pollythewog

2019 ZiPS Projections

1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

It is accurate.  But its not like Dietrich would matter.

Yeah. I liked Dietrich, but he did have his limitations. I thought him knowing he'd be starting full time and more often at one spot would have given him more comfort and he'd put up some better numbers, but that didn't come to be, unfortunately. Ah well.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah. I liked Dietrich, but he did have his limitations. I thought him knowing he'd be starting full time and more often at one spot would have given him more comfort and he'd put up some better numbers, but that didn't come to be, unfortunately. Ah well.

I really don't think the loss of Dietrich (has he signed anywhere yet), will have any negative affect on the Marlin season.  Might as well give someone you want long term a shot to see what you have.

5 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

has he signed anywhere yet

No he hasn't. That is more about his role than his talent though. He is a utility guy so it figures he'd be a late signer.

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

No he hasn't. That is more about his role than his talent though. He is a utility guy so it figures he'd be a late signer.

Well his is a utility guy that cant really play any position particularly well.  That too.

1 hour ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

Damn the projection for Caleb smith is pretty shitty. If he stays healthy I think he can do better than that. 

He's coming off of Tommy John surgery, right? I suppose it's allowing a chance to return to form and assuming some bumps and bruises here and there. When is he expected to return? Given they have him projected at 21 games with 17 starts, so that's about ... June? Maybe early July?

2 hours ago, Michael said:

He's coming off of Tommy John surgery, right? I suppose it's allowing a chance to return to form and assuming some bumps and bruises here and there. When is he expected to return? Given they have him projected at 21 games with 17 starts, so that's about ... June? Maybe early July?

I thought he was going to be ready by spring training. 

1 hour ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

I thought he was going to be ready by spring training. 

Oh, it was a Grade 3 lat strain that required surgery. My mistake. I suppose he could indeed be ready by ST.

• Confused 1

On 1/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, Michael said:

worst than TJ - torn lat/shoulder surgery