Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Nick Wittgren traded to CLE, Austin Brice claimed from BAL, Isaac Galloway DFA

Is this a situation where we thought we had a Realmuto deal with Wittgren as part of it, DFA'd him in anticipation of that and that fell through so we were stuck getting what we could for him?

• Like 1

Ridiculous.  We basically gave away Wittgren, who is a serviceable major league reliever.  In return, we get a 27-year old who doesn't even get a spring training invite.

10 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Is this a situation where we thought we had a Realmuto deal with Wittgren as part of it, DFA'd him in anticipation of that and that fell through so we were stuck getting what we could for him?

This is exactly what it feels like but we don't know for sure. 

I am not willing to cut them any slack even if a trade was potentially in the works which we don't know for sure. It made no sense to DFA Wittgren and risk losing him for essentially nothing. Especially when they ended up DFA'ing Galloway anyway today, he should have been the choice initially probably.

Dumb decision and one I think they will regret.

7 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I am not willing to cut them any slack even if a trade was potentially in the works which we don't know for sure. Unless they had a near guaranteed deal in place, it made no sense to DFA Wittgren and risk losing him for essentially nothing. Especially when they ended up DFA'ing Galloway anyway today, he should have been the choice initially probably.

Dumb decision and one I think they will regret.

You forgot the hashtag.  ?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Just now, Rydawg said:

You forgot the hashtag.  ?

Ha but this wasn't about money which is #FuckJeter time

#FuckHill for this one. Just a moronic decision.

Glad I got jersey assurance from fanatics on my wittgren BP jersey

seriously though I haven’t read through any of this or even thought about the transaction.  Just wanted to say I liked wittgren.  I think there’s a place for him in a good bullpen and I’m sorry he’s gone. 

Just now, THRILLHO said:

Glad I got jersey assurance from fanatics on my wittgren BP jersey

Does that jersey assurance thing really let u return a jersey if the player gets traded? I feel like that can't be true but I wouldn't be shocked if that's really a thing these days. 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Does that jersey assurance thing really let u return a jersey if the player gets traded? I feel like that can't be true but I wouldn't be shocked if that's really a thing these days. 

Yeah that's the use of it but it is for only a certain amount of days after purchase and I don't think it is offered for all jerseys.