Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Nick Wittgren traded to CLE, Austin Brice claimed from BAL, Isaac Galloway DFA

I don't think Nick Wittgren is going to be great or anything, but the fact the front office did this shows their incompetence. And it's not the first time they do such a thing considering they just lost Dietrich for nothing too to eventually bring in an older version of him as a replacement. 

These decisions make no sense. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Erick said:

I don't think Nick Wittgren is going to be great or anything, but the fact the front office did this shows their incompetence. And it's not the first time they do such a thing considering they just lost Dietrich for nothing too to eventually bring in an older version of him as a replacement. 

Decisions like these are why Mike Hill shouldnt be trusted to build anything successful.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Decisions like these are why Mike Hill shouldnt be trusted to build anything successful.  

tell that to the morons owners that kept him as GM

• Like 1

Derek Dietrich, when he gets older and worse, will be Neil Walker.

Nick Wittgren, when he gets older and worse, will be Jordan Milbrath.

The Marlins are just time traveling and you plebes don't understand it. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, Erick said:

Well, Walker's deal was $2M, and Dietrich was projected for I think $5M, so there's that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Well, Walker's deal was $2M, and Dietrich was projected for I think $5M, so there's that.

so they sold Wittgren for $3 mil to the Indians plus they got a porspect back for it? what a move Hill

12 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

so they sold Wittgren for $3 mil to the Indians plus they got a porspect back for it? what a move Hill

I guess that's one way to look at it.

13 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Because they signed Walker and needed the 40 man roster space. 

DFA’ing Galloway should have freed up the same 1 spot to sign Walker, right? One of us has to be missing something here...

6 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

DFA’ing Galloway should have freed up the same 1 spot to sign Walker, right? One of us has to be missing something here...

If a trade of Wittgren was in the works you are getting rid of Wittgren anyways so you DFA him because then they would have been able to trade Wittgren, sign Walker, and keep Galloway. 

By DFAing Galloway you would trade Wittgren and sign Walker BUT you would lose Galloway.

If the intention was to trade Wittgren and keep Galloway then you do it the first way, again assuming a trade was close. 

Again, I was only speculating about this proposed trade anyways. This definitely might just be one big screw up after all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

This definitely might just be one big screw up after all. 

CN90.gif