Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Curtis Granderson signs

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Sooooo... Brinson Granderson Anderson Prado Castro Walker/O'Brien Rojas/Riddle and whoever the catcher is... that's not "that" bad. We still suck yeah but the whole "the Marlins are a AAA team" is more than an exaggeration with this lineup.

yelich will out WAR that entire lineup ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't disagree with this at all. Not saying it's good, just saying it's not "a AAA team."

I'm going to shockingly, but respectfully, disagree with you there.  That lineup reeks of struggling to score even 3 runs a game. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I'm going to shockingly, but respectfully, disagree with you there.  That lineup reeks of struggling to score even 3 runs a game. 

I'm not gonna keep defending it because it's gonna look like I'm saying its a good lineup and I know it's not. 

I'm just shooting down the silly and ignorant, almost pre-planned joke that the Marlins don't have major league players in their lineup. 

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm not gonna keep defending it because it's gonna look like I'm saying its a good lineup and I know it's not. 

I'm just shooting down the silly and ignorant, almost pre-planned joke that the Marlins don't have major league players in their lineup. 

The Marlins have players that have played in the Major Leagues in their lineup, sure. But most of these guys would be Triple-A roster fillers on good teams or bench/part-time players at best. I think the only guy (assuming Realmuto is gone) that will be in our Opening Day lineup who would start on *MOST* teams in 2019 is Brian Anderson.

it's like you're creating a straw man argument in order to defend current leadership.  "People said (or probably will say) with Jeter's leadership we won't have any real major league players in the lineup.  Well that is not true!  We have several bona fide major league players in the lineup.  People are so unfair to Jeter with this criticism.  Loria is to blame!"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Sooooo... Brinson Granderson Anderson Prado Castro Walker/O'Brien Rojas/Riddle and whoever the catcher is... that's not "that" bad. We still suck yeah but the whole "the Marlins are a AAA team" is more than an exaggeration with this lineup.

I love you Silver but that's a terrible lineup.  Prado and Granderson are washed up. O'brien is a big if that hasn't had sustained success in MLB.  Also, who knows if Brinson figures it out or not.  Anderson, Castro and to a lesser extent Rojas are the only players that aren't passed their prime or waiting to break out.  That's as close to a Milb lineup as you will find in the MLB in my opinion.

5 hours ago, mrchainsaw said:

Lineup will be "OK" but pitching will be an absolute joke.

I disagree.  There a some nice young SP options for us this season that should be fun to watch.  Alcantra, Lopez, and Richards are young with some upside.  Caleb Smith has some nice potential as well.  Then we have the more established SP like Urena and Straily.  Also, Conley and Streck are decent late inning options.  

Everyone is disagreeing with each other in here, normal alliances aren't matching even and I can't keep up.

• Laugh 1