Sign in to follow this  
Michael

MLB the Show 19

How's the battle royale mode work?

Can you just save it, turn the PS4 off and come back to it later or do you have to keep playing until you are eliminated? That is a potentially huge time commitment if you have to do it all in one sitting.

I played the game for 3 hours so far and it was almost exclusively in Diamond Dynasty. I didn't expect that, but it is mostly cause I am avoiding March to October until the roster update.

5 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I played the game for 3 hours so far and it was almost exclusively in Diamond Dynasty. I didn't expect that, but it is mostly cause I am avoiding March to October until the roster update.

I haven't done it yet but try March to October with a different team. I'm probably trying Phillies or Padres first. 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

I haven't done it yet but try March to October with a different team. I'm probably trying Phillies or Padres first. 

Yeah I may do that tomorrow. I am done for today I think. I played like 7-8 hours.

I love the game. The 4K and HDR look fantastic on my screen. The gameplay is smooth. The stadiums and uniforms look improved from last year. No complaints except for some lag in online play, but it was probably just overloaded today.

• Like 1

MUST DO... Go to the roster vault and download the roster titled, believe it or not lol, Fish Stripes.

This will replace all the generic roster players and gives you a full 90 man Marlins roster including the minor leaguers like the Mesas and even the great Justin Twine. It's also updated so Straily isn't there. They also boosted some of the player ratings for guys who were ridiculously low like Brinson. This might seem like cheating to some but for fun I think it's ok to boost your team a bit within reason. 

Can't use this in March to October but this helps tremendously with immersion and will become very useful throughout the season when guys like Neidert and Gallen come up. Remember the Baby Cakes and Jumbo Shrimp are there too so you can play as them too with all the right players.

For an added bonus they also added the top prospects of the other teams as well so you should have guys like Vlad Jr and Tatis etc. 

Can't wait to use this roster. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I started up Diamond Dynasty and ran through the tutorial, they give you a pack at the end for doing it. Got a gold card. Roberto Osuna. Now my best one.

Where's this tutorial? Is it after creating your uniform? 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

MUST DO... Go to the roster vault and download the roster titled, believe it or not lol, Fish Stripes.

This will replace all the generic roster players and gives you a full 90 man Marlins roster including the minor leaguers like the Mesas and even the great Justin Twine. It's also updated so Straily isn't there. They also boosted some of the player ratings for guys who were ridiculously low like Brinson. This might seem like cheating to some but for fun I think it's ok to boost your team a bit within reason. 

Can't use this in March to October but this helps tremendously with immersion and will become very useful throughout the season when guys like Neidert and Gallen come up. Remember the Baby Cakes and Jumbo Shrimp are there too so you can play as them too with all the right players.

For an added bonus they also added the top prospects of the other teams as well so you should have guys like Vlad Jr and Tatis etc. 

Can't wait to use this roster. 

I was legit waiting for this post. Thank you. I will download it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Where's this tutorial? Is it after creating your uniform? 

It appeared for me when I went to check out the missions, that first inning one specifically.

7 hours ago, CYmarlins said:

I was legit waiting for this post. Thank you. I will download it.

Right? These rosters make such a difference for anyone that actually knows their team's minor leaguers. I despise those generic players even though I totally understand why they're there as the game doesn't have rights to anyone until they make their MLB debut.