Sign in to follow this  
Michael

MLB the Show 19

Still wish they had this for Xbox.  I'm thinking about getting RBI19.  I know it's nowhere near the game The Show is, but it'll let me have some sort of recent baseball enjoyment/game (I have MLB 2k13, but obviously that's not recent) .  And I got an email for 15% off of it, and it's only $30 to start, so I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:43 PM, SilverBullet said:

I stand firmly by every edit for every Marlin who has been with the big league team this season from batting stances even of starting pitchers down to shoe laces, sunglasses and even the curve of cap brims.

Did you include the bunny ears for Ureña? I hear that is what he uses instead of laces.

• Laugh 1

20 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Still wish they had this for Xbox.  I'm thinking about getting RBI19.  I know it's nowhere near the game The Show is, but it'll let me have some sort of recent baseball enjoyment/game (I have MLB 2k13, but obviously that's not recent) .  And I got an email for 15% off of it, and it's only $30 to start, so I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

Let us know how that game is. I thought of grabbing it for my Switch in the past.

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Let us know how that game is. I thought of grabbing it for my Switch in the past.

I have very low expectations for it after seeing some reviews/images of gameplay. But we'll see.

31 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Wow the in-season updates this year are awesome.

Yep and we're just looking at the Marlins, they've done plenty for other teams as well of course. 

I'm jealous of this game that I can't get since it's PS4 only.

I didn't wind up getting RBI19 for those of you wondering.  I looked into it more, and it just seemed like it wasn't worth it, even at the $25 price.  Apparently all you do is click X or A to swing and throw, and the graphics have these completely unrealistic simulations (ball will be feet away from a player's glove and he'll miraculously skip over 3 feet instantly to field the ball).  I just felt like I'd be disappointed in it.  If I really want to play a baseball game, I'll go back and boot up the 360 and play the last 2k12 or 13 (whichever one it is) game I have.

• Like 1