Sign in to follow this  
Michael

MLB the Show 19

Haven't been playing it so much lately, but think I'll start franchise mode soon.

One thing I've done in every franchise [and then never followed through with it ...] was go into the free agent pool and sign a lot of players that were very young to young (18 to 24) with at least B potential. Usually a year later a lot of them were a good bit better on their overall rating and I even found one who, at age 18, after I signed him turned out to be a Top 50 prospect among all of baseball and he immediately became my starting first baseman - did quite well, finished second in ROTY voting.

For 18-21, I'll go to C potential for signings because it's good backup depth if nothing else. A lot of times I'll also just look at certain stats - if I see a center fielder who is fast and with a good glove, then I'll take him and see if something develops.

@Michael... So, Conquest mode...

I played last night first time. Interesting idea though seems tedious at first. Why do all that map stuff especially when so many games are easy sim wins? Why not just go into the meaningful games? Anyways I wanna get better at it so any tips or strategies? Is there anything I should know to get through it more efficiently? 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

@Michael... So, Conquest mode...

I played last night first time. Interesting idea though seems tedious at first. Why do all that map stuff especially when so many games are easy sim wins? Why not just go into the meaningful games? Anyways I wanna get better at it so any tips or strategies? Is there anything I should know to get through it more efficiently? 

You can absolutely do that. If it's the full map, just go northwest and take over Seattle first, then get all the west coast teams and build out from west to east - it's almost entirely sim games and you won't have to worry about protecting strongholds since they'll be surrounded by multiple levels of your own territory. It is repeatable and each time you complete the map is a free 10-pack bundle, if you just put in about an hour a day for four days [or five] you can get a free 10-pack every week. Good for practice, too.

I got annoyed at Conquest mode. Tutorials show it can be done fast but I was doing it wrong I guess cause I was over an hour in and the map was still a mess.

41 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I got annoyed at Conquest mode. Tutorials show it can be done fast but I was doing it wrong I guess cause I was over an hour in and the map was still a mess.

It took me three restarts to get any semblance of coherance in what I was doing. 

Do what I said, dammit. Northwest, conquer Mariners, build wall from the west.

25 minutes ago, Michael said:

Do what I said, dammit. Northwest, conquer Mariners, build wall from the west.

I'm not doing that big ugly map. I started with the 1st Inning K shaped map since it seemed less of a mountain to climb since it's my first try.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm not doing that big ugly map. I started with the 1st Inning K shaped map since it seemed less of a mountain to climb since it's my first try.

Loser. ❤️

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Loser. ❤️

I'm only doing it to see if I get farther along in the programs since the moments give you like 5-8 stars and doing conquest gives you 30 stars.

While I'm at it I feel like the programs have great rewards but the real rewards are too far out of reach for anyone who doesn't play hours and hours every day. 300 stars is a lot. The farthest I've gotten so far is the 1st inning program and I'm at 110 stars... just thinking about how I'm just around a third of the way towards getting one of those big rewards is insanely frustrating. 

Then they go ahead and add even more programs and more rewards which is cool but also even more intimidating knowing it's more things I'll probably never attain and it's almost a complete turn off. Gives me a why bother feeling.

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm only doing it to see if I get farther along in the programs since the moments give you like 5-8 stars and doing conquest gives you 30 stars.

Each mission in the moments should give you 5 to 8 stars, not just total. But yeah that Conquest map is 30 starts alone.

You could also do the Daily Missions which will give you stars for the current active program. Usually very simple, "15 innings with White Sox hitters" - so just load your lineup with White Sox players and play a Conquest game! Double whammy! Usually 3 to 5 stars there. Adds up fast.