Sign in to follow this  
Michael

MLB the Show 19

Missions are daily? Like they go away in 24 hours? Or am I interpreting that wrong? There's no way I can do four missions a day. If I start a mission I should be able to finish it whenever I finish it or at least give me more time than just a day.

8 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Missions are daily? Like they go away in 24 hours? Or am I interpreting that wrong? There's no way I can do four missions a day. If I start a mission I should be able to finish it whenever I finish it or at least give me more time than just a day.

No, they stay til you do em pretty much.

10 hours ago, Michael said:

No, they stay til you do em pretty much.

Oh that's what I meant. Good.

So they're daily in that there are new ones every day but not that I must finish them daily? That's great.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Oh that's what I meant. Good.

So they're daily in that there are new ones every day but not that I must finish them daily? That's great.

Save them up for a rainy day and then play for 12 hours straight.

27 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Save them up for a rainy day and then play for 12 hours straight.

While you're being funny you can't actually do that. You can only have 4 missions available at time, every 24 hours. If you finish a mission a new one will replace it the next day but you'll never have more than 4 available.

Last night I had a perfect example of why incomplete missions need to still be available after 24 hours. There was a mission to use Twins pitchers in 8 innings and I only have one Twins pitcher (and he's not that good) so even after playing for two hours I was only able to log seven innings with him. Next time I'll be able to go back in and finish that mission with one more inning and then it will give me a new mission in its place. Having that get cut off at 7 innings with 3 other missions active would be so frustrating.

So after focusing on DD the last few times I've played I've gotta say it brings me a new enjoyment of this game. I was one of the many who always just said "DD isn't for me" because of the overwhelming task it seemed to be. And yes that's a warranted concern but I think everyone needs to at least give the mode (and it's sub-modes) a real bit of prolonged effort. I think not trying it is like going to an amusement park and not riding most of the rides. I suddenly feel like I was missing out before and now I feel like I'm really getting a more complete experience with this game, having more fun through more variety while also feeling like I'm progressing through something and not just playing regular games without purpose.

• Like 2

I too am spending most of my time in DD this year. If this keeps up, I'll get the MVP edition for 2020.

• Like 1