Sign in to follow this  
Michael

MLB the Show 19

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Also wins in DD online count for all the programs at the same time so one online win would give you a win in all 4 programs at once. That's excellent. 

I love that incentive. Makes me want to play online more.

I'm one card away from completing the live series collection for the Marlins. Sucks that doing so doesn't give you anything towards team affinity. 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm one card away from completing the live series collection for the Marlins. Sucks that doing so doesn't give you anything towards team affinity. 

Wtf is team affinity

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Wtf is team affinity

A group of team specific rewards that you get if you do things specifically to that team such as completing March to October with that team or playing DD games using cards of that team.

Marlins specific rewards include a (Mike) Stanton rookie card, a 2011 Anibal Sanchez, 2006 Miguel Cabrera, and Marlins logo icons and nameplates for your profile. (Now that I double checked, every team's specific rewards are 3 classic player cards, 2 nameplates, 1 icon, a couple of stadium sounds, and a few packs and stubs mixed in as well) 

I'm surprised that collecting all 40 Marlins live series cards doesn't help you advance in the Marlins team affinity rewards. Fyi I got the last card, Brian Anderson, I threw out a lowball offer and some goof gave it to me. So I completed the collection and got a Kyle Barraclough rookie card. 

When a card is added to a collection is there a way to later exchange it or sell it? 

I think it's very weird that there's one way to play the game where you are being pushed to keep all your cards (collections) and then there's another way that pushes you to get rid of all your cards (exchanges and selling).

I'm enjoying collecting right now but it seems like doing it this way means I'll never get to get into exchanges or selling for profit either.

I wish you could complete a collection and then once it's done you would be allowed to exchange or sell the cards. 

Exchange yes, can be used in other team's affinities for example. Rivalry exchanges.