Sign in to follow this  
Michael

MLB the Show 19

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

They've got it listed there for tomorrow night's stream: "***** ******* is joining the broadcast crew"

Could be Watney but I don't think they'd have had it revealed yet. But who knows 😄

When that image was released she wasn't revealed yet. 99.9% sure the asteriks are for her. 

There are probably financial reasons along with possible contractual issues, so it will never happen...

But how cool would it be if they had every team's broadcasting team in the game? Marlins home game? You get Severino and Holly. This way each broadcast team would only need to record a certain amount of lines and they could provide extra unique facts about each team/franchise. It'd make commentary fresher for longer.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

There are probably financial reasons along with possible contractual issues, so it will never happen...

But how cool would it be if they had every team's broadcasting team in the game? Marlins home game? You get Severino and Holly. This way each broadcast team would only need to record a certain amount of lines and they could provide extra unique facts about each team/franchise. It'd make commentary fresher for longer.

Financial and contractual issues are one thing but also the amount of time and disc space that would take up. And each team only recording a certain amount of lines is false because every team would have to record their unique lines along with the same generic lines as everyone else like "out at first, he struck him out, etc etc." It's more work than you can imagine.

On 3/5/2019 at 12:32 PM, SonOfJack said:

RBI is on Xbox, I guess it is better than nothing?

Not into Arcade style sports games. Thing I love about The show is the Live a Life more. One of the reasons I’ve been disappointed with the NHL series. EA too focused on the micro transaction game modes and refuse to provide content for the single player.

On 3/7/2019 at 7:29 AM, SonOfJack said:

Can we put in Rich and Tommy instead?  haha.

On 3/7/2019 at 7:29 AM, SonOfJack said:

Can I get the Legends version of this? Cause I'd much rather have Rich and Tommy

• Love 1

Lou Gehrig was revealed as another new legend in the game last night. Crazy how many huge historic names they're getting this year.

Saw the stream about the new mode, looks awesome. Only notable thing that kinda sucks is that rosters will be locked into the 2019 opening day rosters. So you can't edit your team to your liking beforehand. It's not a deal breaker but I think this is something they'll have to address in future years. 

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

1 week until the release!

Has any other info come out lately?

Stuff about Diamond Dynasty which is cool if you like it but I can't be bothered to care about it. That's a mode that you have to invest so much time into and that's just not my style of play anymore.

I was gonna wait for a price drop or a deal but I caved and preordered the standard version only because I had a little extra money from a few things so I'm treating myself. If it wasn't for March to October I would have still waited though. I love the concept for that mode and it'll force me to play more. The only other thing I'm interested in before release is when someone with an early copy puts up a video of all the uniforms to see any updates, corrections, and new throwbacks. Besides that I'm set for release day.