97marlin

Future Marlins Offseason speculation thread

What now? How much money do we have? Could we conceivably sign Yolbert Sanchez? Will we sign Josh harrison, Logan Forsythe? Is Brett Anderson coming to camp? 

Literally now that the Realmuto trade is over, and we got about what we should get. What do we do now?

Definitely getting a reliever. I would think an outfielder on a major league deal is possible but it would make the Granderson signing useless. 

A reliever or 2 definitely have to be added.   Serio Romo, Bud Norris, Adam Warren, and Ryan Madson make sense.  Perhaps even taking a flier on AJ Ramos on a minor league deal.

Also, with Brinson, Dean, Cooper, Sierra, and Granderson, and Rosell Herrera the only OFs in camp with MLB experience (not counting Anderson), I would think signing another OF to at least a minor league deal would be wise.  There are still a bunch of useful OF out there and the Marlins should have some money to spend.  Adam Jones, CarGo, Span, Parra, and Melky Cabrera all make sense.  

The bullpen is gonna be the next thing that they start working on. Also, I think that signing CarGo to an incentive laden deal would make a lot of sense.

4 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

Also, I think that signing CarGo to an incentive laden deal would make a lot of sense.

Agreed - follow the trend of all of baseball this off-season, give him a minor league deal with an invite to spring training. If he does well, great, off-load him to a contender who needs an outfield/bench bat. It's going to be exactly the same with Granderson, really.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

I think that signing CarGo to an incentive laden deal would make a lot of sense.

100 percent.

I wanted CarGo since the offseason started but Granderson fills the same exact role. Do you guys think they would actually get both?

5 minutes ago, SixtoBullet said:

I wanted CarGo since the offseason started but Granderson fills the same exact role. Do you guys think they would actually get both?

I have faith that CarGo could net us a better trade than Granderson

3 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

I have faith that CarGo could net us a better trade than Granderson

Yes but... roster construction. Why both? Unless they straight up compete against each other and only one makes the team.