97marlin

Future Marlins Offseason speculation thread

3 minutes ago, SixtoBullet said:

Yes but... roster construction. Why both? Unless they straight up compete against each other and only one makes the team. 

What's our starting OF currently?

CarGo IMO is much better than Granderson especially now. I think he would be more deserving of a major league contract. Just give him a smaller base salary with incentives that he can easily reach. That would be fair for both sides IMO.

Camp starts on Monday, I'm not sure why people think they are going to suddenly add players now. I was surprised at the Granderson deal but that was a minor league deal with an invite to ST so they don't have to pay him unless he makes the team (which seems pretty likely since I think the FO has said that the only guarantee is that Lewis Brinson will be a starter).

52 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Aren't they thinking about moving Garrett Cooper to left field for whatever reason?

So, I think right now, it's ... Cooper, Brinson, Anderson if Prado is healthy? [Although I'd so much prefer just having Prado be a bench bat / de facto bench coach]

Personally I hope O'Brien gets the most looks at first base.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

If Prado is healthy it's pretty much Brinson Anderson Granderson, not gonna really bump Brinson or Anderson for CarGo and leave Granderson out to dry. I mean yes they could do it but it doesn't seem to fit the plan right now. If Prado goes down then it fits better but that isn't something they can really assume.

14 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

How about Brin, Ander and Grander ?

Holy cow didnt realize that. It's all sons. 

2 minutes ago, SixtoBullet said:

Holy cow didnt realize that. It's all sons. 

Obviously. They are the sons of their parents.

How is this news to you?