Jump to content
97marlin

Future Marlins Offseason speculation thread

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, FutureGM said:

Camp starts on Monday, I'm not sure why people think they are going to suddenly add players now. I was surprised at the Granderson deal but that was a minor league deal with an invite to ST so they don't have to pay him unless he makes the team (which seems pretty likely since I think the FO has said that the only guarantee is that Lewis Brinson will be a starter).

The free agent market is still at a standstill because of Harper / Machado. Plenty of players have still not been signed. Honestly, this is the dumbest shit I have ever seen and it is pathetic. This is worse than last year with the signings. Once those idiots finally sign then everything will start picking up. I expect them to make a couple more signings before March. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Obviously. They are the sons of their parents.

How is this news to you?

And you're the son of Jack. So what?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I hope this actually drives the FA market down in the future (although Trout will basically get the GDP of a few nations in the process).  Let the players union cry all they want.  Getting really tired of the whole "super teams" trend in recent years (especially in the NBA..ugh).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what do we have:

Starters: C- Alfaro, 1B- OBrien/Walker, 2B- Castro, SS- Rojas/Riddle, 3B- Prado, LF-Granderson, CF- Brinson, RF- Anderson

Bench: C- Holladay, 1B- OBrien/Walker, SS- Rojas/Riddle, OF- Sierra, ???

SP: Smith, Lopez, Richards, Straily, Urena

RP: Guerrero, Conley, Eveld, Steckenrider, Garcia, Alcantara, Chen

 

Idk who you'd fit in that last bench spot, and I have no idea what to do with our seven SPs but I hope they'd shove Chen in the bullpen and let the young guys start. Am I missing someone?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

Idk who you'd fit in that last bench spot

Cooper I believe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EricOwens! said:

So what do we have:

Starters: C- Alfaro, 1B- OBrien/Walker, 2B- Castro, SS- Rojas/Riddle, 3B- Prado, LF-Granderson, CF- Brinson, RF- Anderson

Bench: C- Holladay, 1B- OBrien/Walker, SS- Rojas/Riddle, OF- Sierra, ???

SP: Smith, Lopez, Richards, Straily, Urena

RP: Guerrero, Conley, Eveld, Steckenrider, Garcia, Alcantara, Chen

 

Idk who you'd fit in that last bench spot, and I have no idea what to do with our seven SPs but I hope they'd shove Chen in the bullpen and let the young guys start. Am I missing someone?

 

I think Sierra doesn't make the opening day roster... Riley Ferrell Rule 5 draft pick likely makes the team, Julian Fernandez is Rule 5 as well... Cooper has a strong chance... don't count out Rosell Herrera for that utility guy role that Yadiel Rivera had all of last season... and don't rule out Wallach over Holaday just because Holaday is a non roster guy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I'd like to hang with him.

Can't decide if this is worth a like or a downvote... I'll get back to you soon with the answer. 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SixtoBullet said:

don't rule out Wallach over Holaday just because Holaday is a non roster guy.

Nepotism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SixtoBullet said:

Can't decide if this is worth a like or a downvote... I'll get back to you soon with the answer. 

Use the confused reaction then.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×