Jump to content
97marlin

Future Marlins Offseason speculation thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, EricOwens! said:

So what do we have:

Starters: C- Alfaro, 1B- OBrien/Walker, 2B- Castro, SS- Rojas/Riddle, 3B- Prado, LF-Granderson, CF- Brinson, RF- Anderson

Bench: C- Holladay, 1B- OBrien/Walker, SS- Rojas/Riddle, OF- Sierra, ???

SP: Smith, Lopez, Richards, Straily, Urena

RP: Guerrero, Conley, Eveld, Steckenrider, Garcia, Alcantara, Chen

 

Idk who you'd fit in that last bench spot, and I have no idea what to do with our seven SPs but I hope they'd shove Chen in the bullpen and let the young guys start. Am I missing someone?

 

No way Alcantra is in the pen.  He's either in our rotation or in New Orleans.  He needs the innings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being active in the international market is long overdue, glad to see this regime has jumped right into it and plans to stay in it. Loria ignored it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Being active in the international market is long overdue, glad to see this regime has jumped right into it and plans to stay in it. Loria ignored it.

Why ignore it too... it's pretty much easier than any other talent acquisition means. Trade for the money and offer it to these guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 11:24 AM, EricOwens! said:

So what do we have:

Starters: C- Alfaro, 1B- OBrien/Walker, 2B- Castro, SS- Rojas/Riddle, 3B- Prado, LF-Granderson, CF- Brinson, RF- Anderson

Bench: C- Holladay, 1B- OBrien/Walker, SS- Rojas/Riddle, OF- Sierra, ???

SP: Smith, Lopez, Richards, Straily, Urena

RP: Guerrero, Conley, Eveld, Steckenrider, Garcia, Alcantara, Chen

 

Idk who you'd fit in that last bench spot, and I have no idea what to do with our seven SPs but I hope they'd shove Chen in the bullpen and let the young guys start. Am I missing someone?

 

Alcantara will be a starter either in Miami or in AAA. Chen is guaranteed a spot in the rotation too.

Riley Ferrell will probably be in the bullpen, and whoever the team signs as a free agent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erick said:

Alcantara will be a starter either in Miami or in AAA. Chen is guaranteed a spot in the rotation too.

Riley Ferrell will probably be in the bullpen, and whoever the team signs as a free agent.

 

So who's spot would Chen take? Whoever underperforms in spring training?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×