97marlin

Future Marlins Offseason speculation thread

58 minutes ago, FutureGM said:

Camp starts on Monday, I'm not sure why people think they are going to suddenly add players now. I was surprised at the Granderson deal but that was a minor league deal with an invite to ST so they don't have to pay him unless he makes the team (which seems pretty likely since I think the FO has said that the only guarantee is that Lewis Brinson will be a starter).

The free agent market is still at a standstill because of Harper / Machado. Plenty of players have still not been signed. Honestly, this is the dumbest shit I have ever seen and it is pathetic. This is worse than last year with the signings. Once those idiots finally sign then everything will start picking up. I expect them to make a couple more signings before March. 

5 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Obviously. They are the sons of their parents.

How is this news to you?

And you're the son of Jack. So what?

• Like 2

Man I hope this actually drives the FA market down in the future (although Trout will basically get the GDP of a few nations in the process).  Let the players union cry all they want.  Getting really tired of the whole "super teams" trend in recent years (especially in the NBA..ugh).

• Like 1

So what do we have:

Starters: C- Alfaro, 1B- OBrien/Walker, 2B- Castro, SS- Rojas/Riddle, 3B- Prado, LF-Granderson, CF- Brinson, RF- Anderson

Bench: C- Holladay, 1B- OBrien/Walker, SS- Rojas/Riddle, OF- Sierra, ???

SP: Smith, Lopez, Richards, Straily, Urena

RP: Guerrero, Conley, Eveld, Steckenrider, Garcia, Alcantara, Chen

Idk who you'd fit in that last bench spot, and I have no idea what to do with our seven SPs but I hope they'd shove Chen in the bullpen and let the young guys start. Am I missing someone?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

Idk who you'd fit in that last bench spot

Cooper I believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricOwens! said:

So what do we have:

Starters: C- Alfaro, 1B- OBrien/Walker, 2B- Castro, SS- Rojas/Riddle, 3B- Prado, LF-Granderson, CF- Brinson, RF- Anderson

Bench: C- Holladay, 1B- OBrien/Walker, SS- Rojas/Riddle, OF- Sierra, ???

SP: Smith, Lopez, Richards, Straily, Urena

RP: Guerrero, Conley, Eveld, Steckenrider, Garcia, Alcantara, Chen

Idk who you'd fit in that last bench spot, and I have no idea what to do with our seven SPs but I hope they'd shove Chen in the bullpen and let the young guys start. Am I missing someone?

I think Sierra doesn't make the opening day roster... Riley Ferrell Rule 5 draft pick likely makes the team, Julian Fernandez is Rule 5 as well... Cooper has a strong chance... don't count out Rosell Herrera for that utility guy role that Yadiel Rivera had all of last season... and don't rule out Wallach over Holaday just because Holaday is a non roster guy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I'd like to hang with him.

Can't decide if this is worth a like or a downvote... I'll get back to you soon with the answer. 

• Laugh 1

Just now, SixtoBullet said:

don't rule out Wallach over Holaday just because Holaday is a non roster guy.

Nepotism.

Just now, SixtoBullet said:

Can't decide if this is worth a like or a downvote... I'll get back to you soon with the answer. 

Use the confused reaction then.

• Laugh 1