97marlin

Future Marlins Offseason speculation thread

1 hour ago, EricOwens! said:

So what do we have:

Starters: C- Alfaro, 1B- OBrien/Walker, 2B- Castro, SS- Rojas/Riddle, 3B- Prado, LF-Granderson, CF- Brinson, RF- Anderson

Bench: C- Holladay, 1B- OBrien/Walker, SS- Rojas/Riddle, OF- Sierra, ???

SP: Smith, Lopez, Richards, Straily, Urena

RP: Guerrero, Conley, Eveld, Steckenrider, Garcia, Alcantara, Chen

Idk who you'd fit in that last bench spot, and I have no idea what to do with our seven SPs but I hope they'd shove Chen in the bullpen and let the young guys start. Am I missing someone?

No way Alcantra is in the pen.  He's either in our rotation or in New Orleans.  He needs the innings.

• Like 1

Being active in the international market is long overdue, glad to see this regime has jumped right into it and plans to stay in it. Loria ignored it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Being active in the international market is long overdue, glad to see this regime has jumped right into it and plans to stay in it. Loria ignored it.

Why ignore it too... it's pretty much easier than any other talent acquisition means. Trade for the money and offer it to these guys. 

On 2/9/2019 at 11:24 AM, EricOwens! said:

So what do we have:

Starters: C- Alfaro, 1B- OBrien/Walker, 2B- Castro, SS- Rojas/Riddle, 3B- Prado, LF-Granderson, CF- Brinson, RF- Anderson

Bench: C- Holladay, 1B- OBrien/Walker, SS- Rojas/Riddle, OF- Sierra, ???

SP: Smith, Lopez, Richards, Straily, Urena

RP: Guerrero, Conley, Eveld, Steckenrider, Garcia, Alcantara, Chen

Idk who you'd fit in that last bench spot, and I have no idea what to do with our seven SPs but I hope they'd shove Chen in the bullpen and let the young guys start. Am I missing someone?

Alcantara will be a starter either in Miami or in AAA. Chen is guaranteed a spot in the rotation too.

Riley Ferrell will probably be in the bullpen, and whoever the team signs as a free agent.

Just now, SixtoBullet said:

Frisaro says the IFA money rolls over? 

Never knew this, that'd be nice.

1 hour ago, Erick said:

Alcantara will be a starter either in Miami or in AAA. Chen is guaranteed a spot in the rotation too.

Riley Ferrell will probably be in the bullpen, and whoever the team signs as a free agent.

So who's spot would Chen take? Whoever underperforms in spring training?