Sam Miller ESPN Article

Just now, SonOfJack said:

I am 99 percent sure he was

I wouldnt argue it.  I really dont know.  :lol

12 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I am 99 percent sure he was

10 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I wouldnt argue it.  I really dont know.  :lol

Baseball-Reference notes he was listed #75 by Baseball America, #71 by MLB, and #49 by Baseball Prospectus pre-2018.

Striking out 215 times did him no favors in 2018. Still hit 19 homers and stole 28 bags. 

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Baseball-Reference notes he was listed #75 by Baseball America, #71 by MLB, and #49 by Baseball Prospectus pre-2018.

Striking out 215 times did him no favors in 2018. Still hit 19 homers and stole 28 bags. 

Like I said, I didnt know.  :lol

His lack of bat control is why he is no longer a top 100 prospect obviously.  

52 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I dont believe Diaz and Guzman were on the top 100 list when they were acquired.  

I mean if the Marlins find the corpse of Kolek and move him you can say they traded a top 100 prospect then too right??

I can't recall if Harrison was on the top 100 list.

If I recall it was only Alcantra and Brinson on the top 100 list when they were acquired.

At least on MLB Pipeline.  I mean I could be wrong and its just from rogue memory.  

You wrote this whole post and then admitted that it's just from memory when I said in my post that I actually did a search and found the Fangraphs Top 100 from Feb 2018. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SixtoBullet said:

You wrote this whole post and then admitted that it's just from memory when I said in my post that I actually did a search and found the Fangraphs Top 100 from Feb 2018. 

I dont follow Fangraphs top 100 list though.  

Only ones I really pay attention to is MLB Pipeline and BA.

In general all of these lists are pretty fluid so it's very tricky to say anything about them depending how you word it.

Of the players who were acquired for Stanton Yelich and Ozuna the Marlins do not have any of them on the Top 100 lists today... FACT.

But...

When the Marlins traded Stanton Yelich and Ozuna they did acquire several prospects who were on the Top 100 lists at the time... FACT.

Both statements are accurate, the narrative changes which statement someone choose to use.

• Like 1

Just now, Das Texan said:

I dont follow Fangraphs top 100 list though.  

Only ones I really pay attention to is MLB Pipeline and BA.

That's fair, I've also heard many people who say MLB Pipeline is the one that shouldn't be followed so, again, this thing can be subjective in several ways. 

57 minutes ago, SixtoBullet said:

That's fair, I've also heard many people who say MLB Pipeline is the one that shouldn't be followed so, again, this thing can be subjective in several ways. 

I think Callis is amazing at what he does, so if he contributes I cant go wrong.

Baseball America relies largely on team writers/scouts especially for their reports, so its a good indication of how people consistently watching these kids feel about them, which I like.  

I'm pretty sure Callis also contributes to MLB Pipeline in some ways and Mayo is pretty damn good also.  

Keith Law at ESPN is pretty good, but I refuse to pay for ESPN insider because its largely a hot steamy pile of shit, so I cant say anything about that.

1 hour ago, SixtoBullet said:

Probably because people feel is biased because its run by MLB.