Sign in to follow this  
Italian Marlins Fan

Sam Miller ESPN Article

"Stunningly sad Marlins tradition."

How can a TRADITION be "stunning" in any way, shape, or form? Maybe at first for people just being introduced to it, but for those who have seen it time and time again, how can it be a surprise in any form?

Silly title.

And y'all have dissected the article enough already so I'll leave that be.

1 hour ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

So you don’t think the article has any validity to it? 

The factual stuff yes, like obviously we have traded a shit load of players. The excuses and reasons? Who cares? It's not like Jeter traded all the guys before he got here. I'd rather read an article about what the Marlins are doing now and next instead of another lazy piece telling us what we already know.

This article is the journalistic equivalent of beating a dead horse. 

14 hours ago, SixtoBullet said:

The factual stuff yes, like obviously we have traded a shit load of players. The excuses and reasons? Who cares? It's not like Jeter traded all the guys before he got here. I'd rather read an article about what the Marlins are doing now and next instead of another lazy piece telling us what we already know.

This article is the journalistic equivalent of beating a dead horse. 

I got you. 

Just now, SixtoBullet said:

How come nobody talks about the Phelps and Gordon trades? Those were excellent! 

Goes against the narrative.

50 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Goes against the narrative.

Oh yea sorry my bad...

The Phelps and Gordon trades were the worst... Jeter is a fraud. 

8 minutes ago, EricWiener said:

This just in, the Marlins have a history of trading Talent. In related news, sky, blue.

Yeah and we can't know if that will continue longterm with this regime or not. What previous regimes did, doesn't mean anything. The current rebuild was necessary, but we need to see if they continue to build things, add players and retain stars going forward. That is going to tell us if they are different or more of the same. So far, they've done a good job in the draft and international market so there are promising signs.

• Like 1