Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Anderson to play 3B

I think this move is a little weird. 

Why not give Prado 125-150 AB’s and see what happens?  BA is a stud in RF. 

Are we worried we’ll lose a game or two more than if BA played the whole year at 3B and we’ll miss the playoffs because of that? 

I mean, I obviously don’t know if Prado endorses the FO’s move or whatever but this just seems weird.  

Edited by DTrain (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Actually y'know what, yeah, looking at all the defensive numbers, Anderson should stay in right.

Can Neil Walker play third?

10 minutes ago, DTrain said:

I think this move is a little weird. 

Why not give Prado 125-150 AB’s and see what happens?  BA is a stud in RF. 

Are we worried we’ll lose a game or two more than if BA played the whole year at 3B and we’ll miss the playoffs because of that? 

I mean, I obviously don’t know if Prado endorses the FO’s move or whatever but this just seems weird.  

I mean you’re not gonna get a valuable player in return for prado at this point in his career and with that price tag. The more important thing is do get Anderson re-accustomed to the spot he’s gonna be playing here long term I think.

He’s a capable infielder, it’ll be easier to find a solid outfielder to fill that hole than a solid infielder 

Edited by marlinsmaniac (see edit history)

Very surprising but good move (maybe a signal that wins are more important this year?) But this does open the door for another free agent outfielder to be signed. 

13 minutes ago, SixtoBullet said:

Very surprising but good move (maybe a signal that wins are more important this year?) But this does open the door for another free agent outfielder to be signed. 

Hopefully CarGo.