Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

ESPN Spring Training Preview/Excitement level for each team

@hovertical @DTrain @pollythewog @SixYearItch I apologize... I'm cluttering up so many threads pointing out how everyone thinks we suck when they're actually all right. It's true we have sucked for over 15 years now and we will continue to suck until we somehow get the last winning out of a World Series again. There is no middle ground other than that. The team will never take positive steps forward until they've actually got their hands on that next World Series trophy. There is no reason to show pride in the team I've followed closely for 26 years. My bad. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

Also, the return from the trades last year was atrocious when you consider the talent that left the team in the process of doing those trades.

We're just judging that off of one year, though, and it's mostly in part due to Yelich breaking out in probably the biggest way possible and Brinson being awful, but three of those guys from that trade are still developing in the minors. There's time for us to maybe win that trade or at least make it more "fair."

Ozuna trade could have been better and nobody should say we should have gotten more for Stanton when we were also dumping a $260 million contract on the receiving team. Patience. ❤️ 

11 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

@hovertical @DTrain @pollythewog @SixYearItch I apologize... I'm cluttering up so many threads pointing out how everyone thinks we suck when they're actually all right. It's true we have sucked for over 15 years now and we will continue to suck until we somehow get the last winning out of a World Series again. There is no middle ground other than that. The team will never take positive steps forward until they've actually got their hands on that next World Series trophy. There is no reason to show pride in the team I've followed closely for 26 years. My bad. 

Yeah dummy. Fake fan.

This is the type of write that fuels the rest of idiots to take more cheap shots at the Marlins, @SilverBullet you're right Orioles, Mariners and Royals fans have a better rating because they have real fanz  I guess

• Like 1

You lost me when I saw E!SPN.

As for their bash of the Marlins, that is as constant for E!SPN as it is for them to talk about LeBron, Tom Brady, Tiger Woods, Duke University, all things Boston and NY. Bashing the Marlins falls in line with their bashing Miami (the U, Heat, Dolphins, etc.) agenda. How dare we always ruin their agenda of convincing the world that Boston and NY are the centers of the universe!

And if I'm wrong, I am still looking for those lean years that the Red Sox sucked between championships, and trying to find E!SPN taking shots at them. Somehow I can't find that stuff as it seems like the coverage and comments made them sound like they had juggernaut teams in 2012, 2014, and 2015. I seem to struggle finding their bashing of the Red Sox, Yankees, and Mets in those teams' lean years.

For me, being a Marlins fan, and South Florida sports fan, not supporting NY and Boston loving outlets like E!SPN comes with the territory. I get it. They hate Miami.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

sigh