Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Yelich vs Samson

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Which just adds to the anger the players have in general.  They feel like they are getting bent over left and right by the owners.

When the players were getting 10 year deals they overlooked it obviously, now that they arent, they are quite angered.

I bet the owners rake in a good 60-65% of overall revenue, and because of the owners acting like poor fuckers, this strike will probably drastically change that to something similar to other sports leagues.  

There should be no sympathy toward guys that have the opportunity to sign a multi-year contract to play major league baseball, nor should any of those guys feel like they're getting bent over.

10yr deals aren't the norm because teams are tired of rebuilding their franchise at the end of those deals.  Franchises want consistency.

If business wasn't profitable, businessmen wouldn't do it.  Owners became owners for a reason, and anybody else has the opportunity to try to do the same.

Boras is horrible for the sport.  He would run every small market team out of the game for his own self-interest.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Oh lord no, then it becomes the NBA/NHL where teams with losing records get in. Maximum I would accept is 12. On top of that, now you're probably talking like 3-game series for the first two rounds. 10 is fine, 12 would be acceptable if they expand to 32 teams and go 4 4-team divisions.

agree one hundo with this. NBA playoffs are a joke, and the 8 seeds essentially have no chance because they aren't good teams. Baseball's playoffs are just fine the way they are (I wouldn't mind a 3-game series for the Wild Card, but I also understand that it kills any momentum for the division winners)

9 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

agree one hundo with this. NBA playoffs are a joke, and the 8 seeds essentially have no chance because they aren't good teams. Baseball's playoffs are just fine the way they are (I wouldn't mind a 3-game series for the Wild Card, but I also understand that it kills any momentum for the division winners)

I hate that the Wild Card game is a single game and not at least a 3 game series.

15 hours ago, Michael said:

Oh lord no, then it becomes the NBA/NHL where teams with losing records get in. Maximum I would accept is 12. On top of that, now you're probably talking like 3-game series for the first two rounds. 10 is fine, 12 would be acceptable if they expand to 32 teams and go 4 4-team divisions.

6 teams per league like NFL is fine, too.