Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Yelich vs Samson

6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I wonder what the beef is though, what did Samson do to him?

Could be just general anger (salutes) at him and that regime for not running things well, IDK.

Edited by Michael (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Players/Agents are not understanding market value. Front offices aren’t emotional anymore and much more statistic driven

36 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

Players/Agents are not understanding market value. Front offices aren’t emotional anymore and much more statistic driven

Front offices are also manipulating things left and right whenever/wherever they can.  

Just as much as the Players/ Agents are probably not getting what they want, the Owners arent exactly doing things the right way with these moronic service time moves, which I get but are not in the spirit of the rules.  

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Front offices are also manipulating things left and right whenever/wherever they can.  

Just as much as the Players/ Agents are probably not getting what they want, the Owners arent exactly doing things the right way with these moronic service time moves, which I get but are not in the spirit of the rules.  

While I agree that the service time rules are skewed to favor the owners/FO, the GM’s wouldn’t be doing their job if they don’t find a way to use this to their advantage. Also doesn’t mean that they have to do you a favor by paying you a couple extra mill in FA

• Like 1

Just now, marlins_09 said:

While I agree that the service time rules are skewed to favor the owners/FO, the GM’s wouldn’t be doing their job if they don’t find a way to use this to their advantage. Also doesn’t mean that they have to do you a favor by paying you a couple extra mill in FA

Which just adds to the anger the players have in general.  They feel like they are getting bent over left and right by the owners.

When the players were getting 10 year deals they overlooked it obviously, now that they arent, they are quite angered.

I bet the owners rake in a good 60-65% of overall revenue, and because of the owners acting like poor fuckers, this strike will probably drastically change that to something similar to other sports leagues.