July, 26th Marlins @ Phillies

Well this isn't good, but it was inevitable.

Kinda hoped it wouldn't have been this soon in the season but here we are.

I get that you can't reveal a player tested positive if they don't approve it, but It's just funny because it's painfully obvious that they had a positive test when they suddenly wind up on the DL for "reasons" with no explanation.

• Like 2

Two Atlanta catchers were showing symptoms as well. This all started during that series. Someone needs to check the home plate umpires for that exhibition series.

• Like 1

All this kinda shows to me is how it feels really inevitable that this virus will be caught by most people. These guys are supposed to be bubbling to a degree, getting insane amount of testing and doing other  protective things but yet we’re three days into the season and feels like half the Braves had it and now we’ve had several go down. 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Gotta speculate on Ramirez and Cooper. 

Urena, Alfaro, and Ramirez are all close friends, so that's worth noting.

2 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

All this kinda shows to me is how it feels really inevitable that this virus will be caught by most people. These guys are supposed to be bubbling to a degree, getting insane amount of testing and doing other  protective things but yet we’re three days into the season and feels like half the Braves had it and now we’ve had several go down. 

And we've now exposed the Phillies too and the Braves with whoever they played. Even with all these precautions this is still an inevitable shit show.

To be clear I’m not advocating that everything be cancelled. If the mask work, make them wear the mask all the time. 

and obviously don’t let guys with symptoms or positives play

Edited by AeroFishOne
1 minute ago, AeroFishOne said:

To be clear I’m not advocating that everything be cancelled. If the mask work, make them wear the mask all the time. 

Might have to go this way, yeah. Have a massive box for each team and have them switch it out every couple innings, though - you don't want a sweat-drenched mask. That's potentially even worse.