Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

1 minute ago, EricOwens! said:

They should let teams make players available for loan. I'm sure some teams would love to see their prospects get real action without using any service time.

Never would happen, but does sound fun.

Just now, Michael said:

Everyone is saying "don't go to Florida" but this clearly started OUTSIDE of the state. At least all evidence points that way.

That's very true, but let's not pretend that Miami isn't a virus hotbed currently. 

This outbreak just made everyone more afraid by a lot. 

• Like 1
Just now, Michael said:

Everyone is saying "don't go to Florida" but this clearly started OUTSIDE of the state. At least all evidence points that way.

I say test the Braves visitors locker room.  Probably did not disinfect, or the Atlanta hotel.  We were 100% negative for three weeks while working out in Miami.

Heard an ESPN late night radio host blaming Miami and the "irresponsible" Marlins for risking baseball's re-opening.  No proof, he was just being an a...hole.

• Like 1

Team name to be changed to the Miami Coronas. But seriously, the other teams are full of it if they think they are going to travel all over the US and avoid the virus. Glass houses and all that. Wait and see.

The response to this is in such stark contrast to the response we saw in March. All it took was a few positive tests in Italy in March and Serie A completely shut down.  That had a cascading effect around the globe and within a week everything was closed.  Fast forward four months and we lose half a team to positive tests and we plow forward.  I’ll resist the urge to psychoanalyze why that is but it certainly didn’t take long for our sports organizations to change their mentality about playing at a price. 

• Like 1

And to Sherman's point earlier, this is why you had a 60 man roster.

If you chose to put prospects on it that you had no intention of playing thats on the teams.

It just goes to show two things:

a. its always been about money a-z.  Then maybe at aa. you start discussing health.

b. not being in a bubble is proving to be stupid as many said.  A decision fueled largely by greed.

I blame both owners and players equally.  They are both at fault equally as much.

1 minute ago, THRILLHO said:

The response to this is in such stark contrast to the response we saw in March. All it took was a few positive tests in Italy in March and Serie A completely shut down.  That had a cascading effect around the globe and within a week everything was closed.  Fast forward four months and we lose half a team to positive tests and we plow forward.  I’ll resist the urge to psychoanalyze why that is but it certainly didn’t take long for our sports organizations to change their mentality about playing at a price. 

We had no idea how bad the virus was in March

• SonOfJack changed the title to Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests
  • SonOfJack locked this topic