Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

Nobody is going to give the Dodgers or Astros shit for having a bench clearing incident last night? Too busy blaming the Marlins for something when nobody knows how it happened. 

Suspend both their seasons for a week just in case!

MLB: Today we reminded teams of how important it is to follow protocols and guidelines (paraphrased)

Hours later: Benches clear in direct violation of the guidelines and protocols. And I am struggling to find any outrage about it from the national writers who were quick to throw Miami under the bus yesterday.

• Like 7

So the visiting clubhouse attendant got brought up again, but nobody seems to be asking whether they may have had the virus before the Marlins arrived.

Hey guys! So, I was wondering... what happens to all these new people we are signing or claiming off waivers when everyone is ready to come back? Are just going to waive them right back? I might be missing something here lol!

29 minutes ago, Michael said:

Another careless and reckless reporter.

His source is Nightengale.

There's a lot of "I think what happened is..." in that article.  That loosely translates to, I have no idea, but if I were guessing here's what happened, and we have a story to write.

Edited by cyoung
  • Banana 1

OK so here's Rosenthal's tweet:

He said THE ONLY positive result in most recent tests.

Does that mean the 17 other positives tested negative today???

• Like 1
Just now, Michael said:

OK so here's Rosenthal's tweet:

He said THE ONLY positive result in most recent tests.

Does that mean the 17 other positives tested negative today???

I assume he worded it poorly. 

Just now, Das Texan said:

Aka Money.  I like that Monte is not mentioned.  :lol

Because why the fuck would he be?

I think we will see Monte, service time reason is done

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I miss when journalists had integrity and weren't just about clickbait and being viral.

Don Henleys Dirty Laundry has never been more relevant than the last few years. Such a song ahead of its time.

I'm still so aggravated over this. 

For starters the Marlins need to make a statement about how this happened and if it's anything shady then whoever is involved needs to be heavily fined and possibly suspended. Beyond the health concerns I'd be so pissed to have this happen because of sheer stupidity. That would be more of the Loria era clown show bullshit that has made us such a laughing stock and if any of these players brought that crap back to this team and this fanbase then fuck them. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm still so aggravated over this. 

For starters the Marlins need to make a statement about how this happened and if it's anything shady then whoever is involved needs to be heavily fined and possibly suspended. Beyond the health concerns I'd be so pissed to have this happen because of sheer stupidity. That would be more of the Loria era clown show bullshit that has made us such a laughing stock and if any of these players brought that crap back to this team and this fanbase then fuck them. 

They've said they're investigating, so I'm sure once it's determined, we'll all know.