Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

30 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:possibly rightfully so this time. 

So it’ll be justified for this fan base to endure years of more abuse and ridicule for the possible action of a few players who might not have been on the team last year or next year. That’s bullshit. 

3 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Are we going to see Harrison, Sanchez, Bleday, Jazz, Sixto, etc. because of this? 

I would think we see Harrison but don’t know about anyone else. 

3 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

The head of Marlins communication certainly feels this story is lacking "a shred of factual information."

It really feels like Nightengale is pedaling rumor here.

The Marlins as an organization need to speak up more about this. This rumor is further hurting our already horrible reputation and their silence isn’t helping. 

19 minutes ago, GuitarPik said:

The Marlins as an organization need to speak up more about this. This rumor is further hurting our already horrible reputation and their silence isn’t helping. 

Investigating, last I heard. 

1 hour ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

The head of Marlins communication certainly feels this story is lacking "a shred of factual information."

It really feels like Nightengale is pedaling rumor here.

Yeah but Latimer doesn't know either, he's just defending his team, which is fine but still gotta figure this out.

Tbh I don't think they can figure out where they got it but they can probably find out if anyone broke protocols for stupid reasons, which to me is the most important thing to find out. 

Also, everyone is bringing up how the Marlins left Miami with no positives but the virus can take weeks to show up... it's not out of the question that it was picked up in Miami before they left. 

I'm also curious about what it would really take for the infected players to return. If they make them quarantine upon return to Miami then this season is so done. 

Gotta love how this comes when we actually started 2-1, it's like this is why we can't have good things, some clown show bullshit always rears its head. 

• Sad 1

On the issue about not paying them, I read the article and once again I see that people don't read and pay attention to details before commenting and assuming. 

In the agreement to restart the season it was already decided by MLB and the players that you don't get paid for games not played so this isn't a shock, it was decided upon. But it was also said that MLB can still decide to pay them later so they'll wait for the investigation and if no one broke any protocols they'll probably be paid. Throwing the article out as if it's a finalized punishment to not pay the Marlins is clickbait bullshit. 

Another false narrative: that the decision to play Sunday was determined by the Marlins players. 

MLB could have shut it down if they wanted to, all the players did was ask each other if they were still down to play, but it's not like the players have that decision making power.

With that said, on Sunday there were only 4 positive players and none of them were at the ballpark so if everyone involved in the game is presumed to be negative then why wouldn't they still play? 

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Another false narrative: that the decision to play Sunday was determined by the Marlins players. 

MLB could have shut it down if they wanted to, all the players did was ask each other if they were still down to play, but it's not like the players have that decision making power.

With that said, on Sunday there were only 4 positive players and none of them were at the ballpark so if everyone involved in the game is presumed to be negative then why wouldn't they still play? 

Yeah this one bugs me. People including media outlets are making it sound like the Marlins hid the positive test results from Philly and MLB and/or forced the Phillies to play.

• Like 1
Just now, SonOfJack said:

Yeah this one bugs me. People including media outlets are making it sound like the Marlins hid the positive test results from Philly and MLB and/or forced the Phillies to play.

I’m doing all I can on /r/baseball to change the narrative but people don’t want to hear facts. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, GuitarPik said:

I’m doing all I can on /r/baseball to change the narrative but people don’t want to hear facts. 

Getting downvoted to hell?

Just now, GuitarPik said:

This guy Reddits. 

Yep but I don’t read the baseball sub. I realized quick I wouldn’t fit in there. 

The entire story and the narrative that will come with it hinges on confirming that damn Nightengale rumor. 

Then again this is the Marlins so they can prove that they didn't go out and people still won't listen. 

• Like 1