Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

I find it hard to believe that not one Phillies players has it and when they return to play this weekend it'll be super easy for them to spread it to their future opponents. Let's see how much blame they and MLB get for that. The Marlins didnt know they had an outbreak but now it's clear that a potential worse situation is possible. 

I believe the schedule is going to change a bit with us possibly playing in Baltimore. They are off Monday and Tuesday currently. We are off Monday currently. I think the yanks and Phils wind up playing. Basically this week’s schedule but played next week.

This could be the easiest way to get us as close to 60 games as possible.  We can make up some games against Nats later in year with potential doubleheaders and on shared off day in September.

MLB says 60 isn’t required but they surely want to be as close to it as possible for competitive reasons. 

13 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I think we're down to 15 fans now...

Screenshot_20200729-215153_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bba7d7bd63f500f2bbe9c0ab71227bb7.jpg

That's a copypasta, the dude is just trolling. So don't worry we are still sitting comfortably at 16 fans.

• Like 1

And in theory those people were negative yesterday since they said they tested everyone. Tomorrow's Phillies result could be very interesting.

If some Phillies have it and they've been quarantining since Sunday, that would mean the virus was transmitted on the playing field which has yet to happen.  It'd be a major development

6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

If some Phillies have it and they've been quarantining since Sunday, that would mean the virus was transmitted on the playing field which has yet to happen.  It'd be a major development

So far it's a clubhouse staff member and a coach.

We've got 17 players who tested positive now, so it's possible one of these coaches stuck near one of these players too long, or there was some contact, or, who knows.

Might see Marlins and Phillies required to wear masks while playing going forward. Or the entire league. 

14 minutes ago, Michael said:

This thread is interesting and hopefully the situation rather than strip club.

I've heard this but I've also heard that the positive crew member was taken off the flight before it ever left. Stories are conflicting I know but it could be anything. 

Who is this Danny MIA guy and why is he not a member her? He's super knowledgeable and passionate about this team. Seems like a great fit. Can we get our scouting department on him?

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I've heard this but I've also heard that the positive crew member was taken off the flight before it ever left. Stories are conflicting I know but it could be anything. 

Who knows for sure ... (sigh)

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Who is this Danny MIA guy and why is he not a member her? He's super knowledgeable and passionate about this team. Seems like a great fit. Can we get our scouting department on him?

I'll see what I can do.

• Like 2

The Phillies are supposed to play the Blue Jays on Saturday but will most likely have multiple positive cases by then so I can't wait for the players to decide if the game should be played or not since apparently that's the way these decisions are handled. 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

I can't wait for the players to decide if the game should be played or not since apparently that's the way these decisions are handled. 

Yep and they won't tell the league or the Jays before the game about any positives.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

The Phillies are supposed to play the Blue Jays on Saturday but will most likely have multiple positive cases by then so I can't wait for the players to decide if the game should be played or not since apparently that's the way these decisions are handled. 

MLB will step in this time, probably.

Or since it's Philly, "a team people care about," they'll suspend the season!

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

So far it's a clubhouse staff member and a coach.

We've got 17 players who tested positive now, so it's possible one of these coaches stuck near one of these players too long, or there was some contact, or, who knows.

Might see Marlins and Phillies required to wear masks while playing going forward. Or the entire league. 

I don’t understand why it’s not mandatory to wear a mask while playing to begin with.

Some players are doing it, and they’re doing just fine. It didn’t bother Didi Gregorius against us.