Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

I can't believe I'm "celebrating" positive tests on other teams but I refuse to believe that the Marlins are the only team who will have an outbreak and I'm pleased to be proven right. 

Let's see if Nightengale implies that the Cardinals went to a strip club too. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Michael said:

This is good. If they can safely be brought back to isolation here there's no reason to stay in Philly. Can even say that it's not safe for the hotel staff that has to attend to all of them up there too. 

• Like 1

Since the COVID players are going to Miami and the rest of the remaining players are going to Baltimore -- we need to find 18 players for the road trip next week assuming it happens. We only signed a few so far, wonder when we will see a flurry of moves.

Well MLB learned their lesson. I love people saying "Cardinals canceled the game, something the Marlins couldn't do"

MLB postponed this game today, not the Cardinals.

• Like 1

Now that's really weird. We already know people can show negative for days and then be positive so why would they keep tomorrow's game scheduled? 

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Now that's really weird. We already know people can show negative for days and then be positive so why would they keep tomorrow's game scheduled? 

PR bullshit because in theory it's only 2 players. Deep down they have to know more is coming but "can't" or "shouldnt" say that yet.

So the Cardinals played at the Twins Wednesday and then Thursday the Indians were in the same clubhouse. This is a mega sign of the bigger problem... even with frequent testing there's too much margin for error since the teams are still "active" before results come in. It's almost guaranteed that one positive test on a team exposes not just one but at least two other teams and potentially even a fourth team. The bottom line is the whole thing can multiply way quicker than testing can keep up with.