Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Marlins Man tried to tell me how the 2015-2017 teams had no pitching outside of Jose (obviously save 2017) and I really really wanted to say, "I know that, I watched more Marlins games than you did in that span."

Say it

44 minutes ago, Michael said:

I simply let him know the team's going to be good soon.

Thanks to everyone except for Jeter. I saw Marlins Man thanking Jason Latimer for the great job he's done for the team since taking over. 

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

good point, calling up too many prospects actually shits on the rebuild Loria style. I hadn't even thought of that yet.

Maybe but I still want to see a couple if we are serious about being tired of mediocrity. A guy like Sixto can join the team this year without being Loria-esque. Bringing Bleday onto the team is another story probably though.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Maybe but I still want to see a couple if we are serious about being tired of mediocrity. A guy like Sixto can join the team this year without being Loria-esque. Bringing Bleday onto the team is another story probably though.

If we still have a chance sure but I think this season is already shot, dont call guys up if the season is gonna be canceled though. 

8 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

If we still have a chance sure but I think this season is already shot, dont call guys up if the season is gonna be canceled though. 

Why are you always so negative?

2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

if MLB is going to cancel/postpone games when  two people turn up positive they may as well just junk the entire season.

It is interesting how things have changed. Opening Night, Soto was positive and game went on as normal. Marlins had 3 positives in 1 day and game went on as normal. Cards today postponed immediately but are scheduled to play tomorrow. If you're going to play tomorrow, why bother postponing today?

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

It is interesting how things have changed. Opening Night, Soto was positive and game went on as normal. Marlins had 3 positives in 1 day and game went on as normal. Cards today postponed immediately but are scheduled to play tomorrow. If you're going to play tomorrow, why bother postponing today?

pretty much, especially considering it takes awhile for the virus to incubate and show up positive - if it ever does at all (considering there are TONS of false negatives for a scientific test)

1 minute ago, Michael said:

I like how Manfred is all, "hey none of this is my fault, though."

It isn't, the Marlins are to blame

Boy, people are still running with that strip club rumor.

They really need to find out where this all started. If a player did go out, he needs to confess it ASAP and put it to bed.

Just now, QbanCastillo said:

I saw the sea of negativity and uninformed responses on Reddit and decided I am but one small man to fight all that by myself. I'd get lost in all the comments.

You’re not alone. Join us. 

• Like 1

Alright that last tweet above is quite damning. I can't find myself to defend the team at this point anymore, so just gotta take the lumps and move forward.

I could see some harsh actions being taken here.