Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

• SonOfJack changed the title to 11 players, 2 coaches test positive for COVID
1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Everyone else's tweets. The Yankees Phillies game is already canceled and Heyman says that's a maybe. 

He also got the player total wrong apparently

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

No one is gonna care about this but me but this also shows why they can't open schools yet. 

I don't have kids, but I definitely care. Even beyond the physical, I think it's wearing on my/our mental health to live here and keep hearing "Miami is the global epicenter, Miami is the global epicenter, Miami is the global epicenter."

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

No one is gonna care about this but me but this also shows why they can't open schools yet. 

I don't have kids and never will, but i care.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mystikol87 said:

I don't have kids, but I definitely care. Even beyond the physical, I think it's wearing on my/our mental health to live here and keep hearing "Miami is the global epicenter, Miami is the global epicenter, Miami is the global epicenter."

The marlins haven’t been to Miami in more than a week so they didn’t get it here. 

• Like 2
Just now, legacyofCangelosi said:

The marlins haven’t been to Miami in more than a week so they didn’t get it here. 

Oh, for sure. I just mean it personally, not related to the Marlins players contracting the virus.

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

i have them and it's incredibly concerning. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

Eduardo Perez on ESPN finally brought this up and reminded all that we don't know whether they got it on the plane, hotel, Atlanta, etc.    

• Like 2

A lot of social media reaction saying no reason to cancel anything else it's only one team maybe two the rest can keep playing.

Sure, go ahead and keep playing and by the weekend it's 8 teams then 12 then so on and so forth. 

Have fun with that.

3 minutes ago, Hotcorner said:

Eduardo Perez on ESPN finally brought this up and reminded all that we don't know whether they got it on the plane, hotel, Atlanta, etc.    

Mattingly made a great point yesterday that needs to be highlighted... at home the players know where they are and where they're going and how to stay safe better but on the road it's a whole different situation because it's generally unfamiliar. Teams were fine in one place for three weeks at home sites but the outbreak came on a road team traveling to two other cities, that probably is a huge part of this.

• Like 1

There are clear 40-man restrictions here, so I again say that MLB needs to remove that rule for this season. Teams need to be able to take guys off the 40-man without risking them on waivers. That or make the COVID IL like the 60-day IL where a player is not counted on the 40-man while on it.

• Like 1
  • SonOfJack changed the title to Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests
  • SonOfJack locked this topic