Sign in to follow this  
miamibaseball

How does the 2019 team look?

how do team look this year from last year was bad team but because we rebuilding for 2020,2021 i see alot unknow player and some from last season and new guys

They'll look good in those new uniforms. There is also the hope for the future. There is a chance that some of these guys that are in their late 20s, may be hungry enough to put together a team effort that may be a little surprising (in that we aren't a 100-loss team).

I think the highest hope for 2019 is that we'll be intriguing because I wonder what some of these late age 20s guys can do with their first extended chances that they will get here, that weren't available in their previous franchises.

With this said, the joy will be to see what kids are ready to come up to join the ones that are already up.

Edited by Pedro (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Personally feeling good. I have low expectations but this team could pleasantly surprise. Could be terrible, sure, but also could have the feel of the Dan Uggla/Cody Ross era teams. Maybe.  Should in the least be fun to watch which youngsters in our organization start making names for themselves over the next few years.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Undakai said:

Could be terrible, sure, but also could have the feel of the Dan Uggla/Cody Ross era teams. Maybe.

That's what I'm thinking with some of the guys that are in their mid to late 20s, that they got from the scrap heaps of other franchises (O'Brien, Cooper, Caleb Smith, Dixon Machado, etc.). Ross was that. Uggla was Rule 5. Cantu was thought to be done from injuries. Joe Borowski, Todd Jones...etc. etc. I'm wondering about possibly finding a few of those this year.

Edited by Pedro (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That's what I'm thinking with some of the guys that are in their mid to late 20s, that they got from the scrap heaps of other franchises (O'Brien, Cooper, Caleb Smith, Dixon Machado, etc.). Ross was that. Uggla was Rule 5. Cantu was thought to be done from injuries. Joe Borowski, Todd Jones...etc. etc. I'm wondering about possibly finding a few of those this year.

Those Beinfest days were certainly interesting times. It always felt like we were always finding some diamond in the rough, or at least a pretty stone, every year that kept things exciting and it always felt like we were just one piece short of being on a playoff run.  At least that's what I recall from those days when I put on my teal tinted glasses.

My excitement level was definitely never at negative 1 million. 

Edited by Undakai (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Our pitching has the potential to surprise, but our hitting will be the limiting factor. Best you can hope for is Alfaro and Brinson take the next step and Anderson maintains his form. 

54 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

Mr. I srikeout with sliders away!!!! 

And his comment was inaccurate anyways, four of the seasons here he was in games could have been considered "important" as late as the end of August. Pfft.