Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Machado signs with Padres

Wow. Honestly, it seems like a bargain for the Padres.

Also, I love how this is being reported as the biggest free-agent contract in the history of American sports. It's technically true, and of course reporters always want to be dramatic for clicks. It still irks me when the Marlins gave Stanton more, and they would never acknowledge that. And yes, I know it was backloaded -- which is normal -- and they trade him -- which sucked. It still irks me.

Who else is seeing Manny being traded in 4-5 years and Padres absorbing most of the remaining contract ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

Who else is seeing Manny being traded in 4-5 years and Padres absorbing most of the remaining contract ?

I do. Just told my friend I see it happening after year four. 

Edited by CYmarlins (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, el_gmac said:

1 hour ago, CYmarlins said:

I do. Just told my friend I see it happening after year four. 

That's assuming pretty much none of their prospects pan out. Have to remember they have the best farm system in all of baseball by a decent margin. A few of their 10 in the top 100 are pitchers and potentially their 1-3 in the rotation for a few years, all with potentially ace-like ability. Padres ain't trading Manny unless something goes severely wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

That's assuming pretty much none of their prospects pan out. Have to remember they have the best farm system in all of baseball by a decent margin. A few of their 10 in the top 100 are pitchers and potentially their 1-3 in the rotation for a few years, all with potentially ace-like ability. Padres ain't trading Manny unless something goes severely wrong.

any of those long term deals haven't or will work out

Just now, el_gmac said:

any of those long term deals haven't or will work out

Long term deals meaning the 10 year deals? Most of them have been signed when the player was north of 30 years old. Machado and Harper are 26 this season. They'll be fine.

• Like 1

Just now, Michael said:

Long term deals meaning the 10 year deals? Most of them have been signed when the player was north of 30 years old. Machado and Harper are 26 this season. They'll be fine.

if they don't you own me a puppy

3 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

if they don't you own me a puppy

I ain't owe you shit, fam.

❤️

• Like 1