Sign in to follow this  
Italian Marlins Fan

Grandy/Walker

So I was talking with one of my friends who is a Marlin fan, and he thinks Grandy and Walker will both start on Opening Day. Personally, I love the acquisitions of Walker and Grandy because they are both positive veteran guys to have in the clubhouse. Grandy won the Roberto Clemente Award in 2016 as well. However, with that being said, there is no way in hell in my opinion both should be starting. They should be guys we keep on the bench and I think we should give 2 younger guys a chance to start. Thoughts? 

Grandy I am 99 percent sure will, Walker depends on matchup maybe. Have the Rockies announced their starter?

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Grandy I am 99 percent sure will, Walker depends on matchup maybe. Have the Rockies announced their starter?

I don’t think so. I feel like someone like Sierra could start over Grandy and hit leadoff. If Sierra has a bad spring, Grandy should probably start. 

Just now, Italian Marlins Fan said:

I don’t think so. I feel like someone like Sierra could start over Grandy and hit leadoff. If Sierra has a bad spring, Grandy should probably start. 

I think Grandy was likely promised regular playing time when he signed.

Both will be platoon guys. They'll just get enough starts to create trade value for the deadline. They won't be holding anyone back longterm.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I think Grandy was likely promised regular playing time when he signed.

If that’s true, I think that’s stupid. What if some other OF performs well in ST? 

3 minutes ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

If that’s true, I think that’s stupid. What if some other OF performs well in ST? 

It is just my opinion and a guess, I could be wrong.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

It is just my opinion and a guess, I could be wrong.

You brought up an interesting point though. Idk I love Grandy and Walker as guys who are positive veterans in the clubhouse, but I guess we’ll see. 

36 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I’d assume it’s Freeland