Seven inning doubleheaders in MLB starting 8/1

Why just 7 innings??? Teams have already played 9 inning games this season so there goes competitive integrity. Should have done 7 from day one if that's what they wanted. And what's 2 more innings and that point anyways. Awful. 

I can take lesser games but changing the games themselves should have been a strong no from day one. 

Jesus this also means a runner to start the EIGHTH AND NINTH INNINGS.

Manfred is the absolute worst and he keeps seemingly getting even worse with every decision under his watch. 

Every fan hates this, no good will come of this. Despite ruining the actual games they don't even care about the harm this does to the fanbase that they desperately need to try and keep happy. 

• Like 1

Ken Rosenthal says the idea is to preserve pitching... then add 2 pitchers to the roster on each double header day, like Jack suggested above. Why couldn't these idiots think of that? I'm sure the union would have loved that idea too. 

11 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Ken Rosenthal says the idea is to preserve pitching... then add 2 pitchers to the roster on each double header day, like Jack suggested above. Why couldn't these idiots think of that? I'm sure the union would have loved that idea too. 

Not only that - if that was the intent, why not have it that way from the start of the season a week ago?  Like why now?  All the sudden they realized they want to preserve pitching?

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Not only that - if that was the intent, why not have it that way from the start of the season a week ago?  Like why now?  All the sudden they realized they want to preserve pitching?

Well I think this is in direct response to the postponed games which they didnt think they'd have so many of them coming. I think that explains that. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Jesus this also means a runner to start the EIGHTH AND NINTH INNINGS.

Manfred is the absolute worst and he keeps seemingly getting even worse with every decision under his watch. 

Every fan hates this, no good will come of this. Despite ruining the actual games they don't even care about the harm this does to the fanbase that they desperately need to try and keep happy. 

"We're trying to speed up games to that doubleheaders will be under 3 hours total"

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Get as out of the box and creative as you want. 

No. Not when games in the same season are being played under different rules. If they were gonna do 7 inning games all year then that's different but not like this. If I'm the manager of a team that blows a lead in the bottom of the 7th and loses on a walk off I'm furious that I don't get the 2 extra innings to come back when I would get those innings if the game was not on a double header day. That's bullshit. 

8 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

No. Not when games in the same season are being played under different rules. If they were gonna do 7 inning games all year then that's different but not like this. If I'm the manager of a team that blows a lead in the bottom of the 7th and loses on a walk off I'm furious that I don't get the 2 extra innings to come back when I would get those innings if the game was not on a double header day. That's bullshit. 

Now when we win the WS, they're  gonna put a * next to it.

On 8/2/2020 at 1:03 PM, SilverBullet said:

Honestly, 

I dont think anybody really cares in 2020 end of day.  This is just an opportunity to really just get after it fully here and do some real radical things that are outside the box.  

In 2020, this is one of the things I least hate Manfred for honestly.