Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Indians sign Hanley to minor league deal

2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

nice very low risk signing

And he has something to prove after Boston released him with tons of $$$ remaining. When Hanley is motivated, he can be dangerous.

• Like 1

Wishing nothing but the best for Hanley, still one of the most electrifying players in Marlins history.  Hoping he finds the motivation to be productive again.

• Like 2

I’ve really been surprised by the Haneley Ramirez situation. Released and not picked up all year despite him being available for the minimum. And now a non-guaranteed deal? I know he’s fallen off a lot, but I feel like there are far less productive players getting their flyers taken. It has to be his personality and reputation that are holding him back. 

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

And he has something to prove after Boston released him with tons of $$$ remaining. When Hanley is motivated, he can be dangerous.

he really screwed himself over by adding all that weight/muscle to his frame as well.  He could have truly been one of the greats had he given a damn, A legit 5 tool player.

2 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I’ve really been surprised by the Haneley Ramirez situation. Released and not picked up all year despite him being available for the minimum. And now a non-guaranteed deal? I know he’s fallen off a lot, but I feel like there are far less productive players getting their flyers taken. It has to be his personality and reputation that are holding him back. 

He has established a history though.  He can be your best player, or your biggest waste of time & money.

He could've been one of the best to ever play the game, but his lack of motivation & effort got the best of him.

1 hour ago, DTrain said:

My least favorite productive Marlin.

That's a very interesting category.