Isan Diaz placed on restricted list

Just now, SonOfJack said:

With the advance players like him got back in March, he was playing for "very little" now anyway I believe. That advance doesn't have to be given back.

I see. Works for me.

3 minutes ago, Vic D said:

Was really looking forward to watching him play this year and watch him progress, this sucks man. Damn. But I get it.

I'm in the same mindset here.

Rowson sees a lot in him, so hopefully they can get together in the offseason and keep working on that swing.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Marlino said:

99.9 % of players have not opted out. So that is not the norm. Older players, ones with children, less money, health conditions, etc. I support choice but its odd.

Only since you called Isan a pansy, I'm going to get super pedantic with you.

Going off of the 60 man player pools, 1800 players eligible for the Major League roster, if only 2 of those 1800 opt out, it's already less than 99.9% of that group who have decided to play through.

We've definitely had way more than 2 opt out, so your 99.9% not opting in is as legit as people who say "it's only a 0.01% fatality rate!" Cause they're dividing by the world's population rather than the population who has it.

It's not at all odd, nobody should be mad at him for opting out. He may not need to for himself, but we don't know about his family. Maybe he has newborn family at home, perhaps his grandparents live with them. We don't know, and we don't need to know.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

This is getting ridiculous now. Come on. 

1. I like the word mollycoddle

2. I like bringing up the yelich trade

3. I like downvotes (and upvotes, all the same to me)

4. I had to take the heat off my boy @Marlino

• Like 2
  • Banana 3
On 8/2/2020 at 12:14 PM, Michael said:

Going off of the 60 man player pools, 1800 players eligible for the Major League roster, if only 2 of those 1800 opt out, it's already less than 99.9% of that group who have decided to play through.

We've definitely had way more than 2 opt out, so your 99.9% not opting in is as legit as people who say "it's only a 0.01% fatality rate!" Cause they're dividing by the world's population rather than the population who has it.

It's not at all odd, nobody should be mad at him for opting out. He may not need to for himself, but we don't know about his family. Maybe he has newborn family at home, perhaps his grandparents live with them. We don't know, and we don't need to know.

Did you have to get all mathematical though?

38 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

marlins undefeated with diaz not on the team.  I was right.

Yeah, Diaz being out greatly improved our pitching staff these last 3 games. He was such a bad pitcher.

Edited by Erick
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Banana 1
On 8/2/2020 at 12:14 PM, Michael said:

Forgive the error.  2 (at time I wrote) out 1800 is 99.88888%.  That makes everything different.  Historically, I think of men working in coal mines, etc. and worse to feed their families and compare that to this individual and the current risk and I'm not impressed. It is a job after all (a good paying one that can potentially support a family for a lifetime). As I said, I support the ability to choose, don't care why he did it, but don't favor it ( as do 99.88888% of players). Some players, e.g., Cespedes, use the opt out to get out a situation where they are not getting playing time, and is not about risk.

Don't start with the family thing because he can stay away and/or isolate in a luxury hotel for 2 weeks (Oh, the sacrifices we must make). And I think Villar is better at 2nd. so its not that I'm upset by his absence. I just call them as I see them

Wasn't he on the fringe of starting based off spring training? Personally I honestly didn't think he would get the start pre-covid based off ST. Also small sample size from last season, first 10 games he was stellar, last 10 he went like 4 for 50. ST 2020 didn't help his cause. 

On 8/2/2020 at 1:16 PM, Michael said:

Let's not do that, friend. ❤️ We've heard it enough.

I don't know. If Yelich continues his horrid start to the season, we might all start bringing it up a bit more.