Isan Diaz placed on restricted list

Admin

3 minutes ago, Vic D said:

Was really looking forward to watching him play this year and watch him progress, this sucks man. Damn. But I get it.

I'm in the same mindset here.

Rowson sees a lot in him, so hopefully they can get together in the offseason and keep working on that swing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marlino said:

99.9 % of players have not opted out. So that is not the norm. Older players, ones with children, less money, health conditions, etc. I support choice but its odd.

Only since you called Isan a pansy, I'm going to get super pedantic with you.

Going off of the 60 man player pools, 1800 players eligible for the Major League roster, if only 2 of those 1800 opt out, it's already less than 99.9% of that group who have decided to play through.

We've definitely had way more than 2 opt out, so your 99.9% not opting in is as legit as people who say "it's only a 0.01% fatality rate!" Cause they're dividing by the world's population rather than the population who has it.

It's not at all odd, nobody should be mad at him for opting out. He may not need to for himself, but we don't know about his family. Maybe he has newborn family at home, perhaps his grandparents live with them. We don't know, and we don't need to know.

• Like 3

On 8/2/2020 at 12:14 PM, Michael said:

Only since you called Isan a pansy, I'm going to get super pedantic with you.

Going off of the 60 man player pools, 1800 players eligible for the Major League roster, if only 2 of those 1800 opt out, it's already less than 99.9% of that group who have decided to play through.

We've definitely had way more than 2 opt out, so your 99.9% not opting in is as legit as people who say "it's only a 0.01% fatality rate!" Cause they're dividing by the world's population rather than the population who has it.

It's not at all odd, nobody should be mad at him for opting out. He may not need to for himself, but we don't know about his family. Maybe he has newborn family at home, perhaps his grandparents live with them. We don't know, and we don't need to know.

Did you have to get all mathematical though?