August 6th: Marlins vs Orioles

Marlins go for the 4 game sweep in the 2nd home away from home game in Baltimore.

Pitching match up:

BAL: Wade LeBlanc 1-0 4.09 ERA
MIA: Jordan Yamamoto (season debut)

Stats to note:

Jordan Yamamoto had a 2.95 ERA over 39.2 IP on the road last year vs a 6.00 ERA over 39.0 IP at home. Let's hope he treats this like a road game.
Wade LeBlanc has a 7.56 ERA in 25 career innings against the Marlins, but he hasn't faced the Fish since 2017.

Edited by FishFan95
  • Like 1

I really have no idea why Cervelli is batting third. He hits lefties well, but he's never faced LeBlanc.

Side note - LeBlanc and Cervelli have been in the big leagues since 2008 and this is their first time facing off. How often does that happen that two guys are that far into their careers and never face off til now?

Cervelli's expected slugging thus far this season based on batted ball metrics is .699. That's pretty good!

Compare that to his actual slugging of .357 ... he's been smacking the ball so far.

Last year in super limited time with Atlanta, he had an OPS of 1.066, and that was his final month (and three games) of the year. Perhaps he figured something out ...

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Surprised she'll even respond though

Ah, it's this cute thing we do, every so often one of us misses the other but it's not reciprocated at the time, then it slowly switches over but never at the same time.

(I joke I don't miss her ... much.)

• Like 1