Sign in to follow this  
Rydawg

Merandy Gonzalez claimed by Giants

Everyone the Marlins have sucks... then they get lost to another team and the Marlins were stupid to let go of such a great player...

Whatever. 

Anyways, yeah him having options means they didn't have to put him on waivers so I would think a corresponding move is almost guaranteed here. 

• Like 1

I am not going to cry over losing Merandy Gonzalez, like I said I legit forgot he was on the roster. Not a big deal.

Wish him the best with the Giants.

Well it better be a good one, because honestly you just can't justify giving away a 23 year old who put great numbers just a year ago... He still has potential to be a good reliever or sumin. I defend this team a lot, it's been the only team I have rooted for but man... sumtimes they make me hate them with those head-scratching moves.... I'm not saying he was gonna be an Ace or a Cy Young winner but c'mon man...

6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I am not going to cry over losing Merandy Gonzalez, like I said I legit forgot he was on the roster. Not a big deal.

Wish him the best with the Giants.

🤣 not crying here but man.... if he develops that potential... then we all gonna remember him. It just seems kinda odd giving away a player just 23 years with potential (he was great when we got him from the mets) and 2 options left... And we have players on the roster that are way worse than him but.... 🤷🏻‍♂️

This made me check on AJ Ramos. he is a free agent. I guess he can't land a MLB deal and hasn't settled for a minor league contract yet.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

This made me check on AJ Ramos. he is a free agent. I guess he can't land a MLB deal and hasn't settled for a minor league contract yet.

Remember when the Mets acquired him to be their longterm closer? Sometimes the Mets moves are more puzzling than the Marlins moves. 

The mets make dumb decisions like 90% of the time, and even the good ones they make, seems to backfire them 🤣 but I don't root for them so I dont care cause my team are the sometimes you gotta hate them but still love them, Marlins... 🤷🏻‍♂️ I just want this team to play hard, make good decisions, win games and stop being the joke of the MLB. People treat the Marlins like they are the Cleveland Browns, it's annoying...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

wow.... didn't notice he was put on waivers. I think they are making a mistake, good potential and just 23 years.... 😔

Second weird move after the move of Wittgren…

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Second weird move after the move of Wittgren…

The Wittgren move was definitely more puzzling as he was already a proven major league reliever. There was zero reason to lose him.

• Like 1