Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Angels pondering 10/350 offer for Trout

It would be an extension on top of the remainder of his current deal, so in effect it would be more like a 12/$426 deal, somewhere around there.

Trout should get an insane contract [like 10/500 or so], but I'm of the mind that Trout isn't one who is all about the money and would probably take a long-term deal that's not necessarily "record-setting." I could be totally wrong and he could hold out for about six Brinks trucks full of money.

I'm sure that would be the starting point for serious negotiations but he'll get a 400+mil deal for sure. I'm pretty sure he won't reach a 500million deal though. I'm thinking it'll end up being 10/425 or something around there.  He's the best player in baseball but still, it's baseball, so one megastar doesn't ensure even a winning season.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:34 AM, hovertical said:

I'm sure that would be the starting point for serious negotiations but he'll get a 400+mil deal for sure. I'm pretty sure he won't reach a 500million deal though. I'm thinking it'll end up being 10/425 or something around there.  He's the best player in baseball but still, it's baseball, so one megastar doesn't ensure even a winning season.

Exactly - look at most of his time with the Angels.

It is funny how people say he'll choose either the Yanks or Phillies because he wants to play close to home in NJ. Everyone just writes the Mets off.