Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Derek Jeter doesn't care about winning

These articles all act as if he could care less about the on-field product - like nothing is being done to improve it.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

These articles all act as if he could care less about the on-field product - like nothing is being done to improve it.

That's correct... nothing is being done. Jeter only cares about better food options. That's all. DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT HE SAID?????

Edited by SilverBullet (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

That's correct... nothing is being done. Jeter only cares about better food options. That's all. DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT HE SAID?????

200.gif

They sensationalized his words, I am not surprised though. People read headlines and often skip the full story. All these papers knew what they were doing.

7 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

They sensationalized his words, I am not surprised though. People read headlines and often skip the full story. All these papers knew what they were doing.

Click-bait copy-paste articles from each other like I said before.  Completely agree people read headlines and not the story, so they make headlines dramatic to get looks/likes.

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

They sensationalized his words, I am not surprised though. People read headlines and often skip the full story.

This one is dumber than normal though. How can anyone really think he doesn't believe winning is priority? All he said was that he wants people to have a great experience at the ballpark, win or lose. Not sure how that means they aren't trying to win at the same time. Sounds like a smart business strategy to me. And all this after he just told the team at the start of spring training that they're still expected to win even if the roster isn't built to win yet. Nobody makes those words the headline when that's the real story here.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

This one is dumber than normal though. How can anyone really think he doesn't believe winning is priority? All he said was that he wants people to have a great experience at the ballpark, win or lose. Not sure how that means they aren't trying to win at the same time. Sounds like a smart business strategy to me. And all this after he just told the team at the start of spring training that they're still expected to win even if the roster isn't built to win yet. Nobody makes those words the headline when that's the real story here.

I said it before, but the reality is - he's completely right.  A lot of people go to go, and don't care about the game.

Sometimes my mom will come with me and my dad and brother or if we go with other friends.  She could absolutely care less about the game, she's there to be with us and (hopefully) have a good time.  By adding all these little things and different foods, they're not only appealing to the fans that DO want the team to win, they're also appealing to those types of people like my mom, who come along just as something to do/tag along for entertainment.  If she has a good time, maybe she'll want to come back next game instead of staying home, and that means one more ticket sale, and X amount more concession sales.  Multiply that by however many groups there are, and you have a good number of additional folks that may come.

It'll take time, but its painfully obvious what they're doing once you actually look at it.  Like you said, it's a good business strategy, and I think we'd be criticizing him if he wasn't doing things like this.

Edited by rmc523 (see edit history)
  • Like 3