Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Derek Jeter doesn't care about winning

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Jeter could say today is March 11, 2019 and some moron will doubt him.

Depends where you are. It is currently March 12th in Taiwan so @taiwanmarlin would say Jeter was wrong.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm not exactly defending their blunders either, they've definitely had those. It just sucks when things are purposely twisted when there's clear evidence to not do so. Jeter could say today is March 11, 2019 and some moron will doubt him.

Excuse me sir.  I take offense to that.

I identify today as March 27th, and I expect you and Jeter to accept that.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, fish53 said:

But I did see a movie the other day that sort of brought the opposite point of view.  A father was leaving on a "secret mission" and his young son was sad. Dad tells the kid, "when I come home we'll go to a ball game".  It hit a cord, as a kid, you love your team and players and winning is not all that matters to you.  Just going to the damn game is all that matters.  In this regard, it is so true.  Heck, growing up down here with only spring training, I didn't care who won, just that I took my glove and went with my dad to see the Orioles at Miami Stadium or the Yankees at Lockhart.

Do you remember the name of the movie by chance?

25 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Well, they haven't exactly been great with PR since they took over.

I think the #OurColores move was pretty cool. But overall yes I can see why this is said.

37 minutes ago, Michael said:

Do you remember the name of the movie by chance?

I think the #OurColores move was pretty cool. But overall yes I can see why this is said.

That I do agree with - I liked the OurColores campaign; the only exception being the lack of a time on the uniform reveal - they touted the date everywhere, and then we got to the day of, and it was complete silence all day until what was it like 5pm or something random? Oh here it is! Surprise.

I don't like how OurColores is apparently the slogan for the season, its on all their news releases as the slogan typically is. It was a good slogan for the reveal, but I almost like Just Getting Started more and that wasn't that great either. Is what's his name going to do a custom song called Our Colores?

11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

That I do agree with - I liked the OurColores campaign; the only exception being the lack of a time on the uniform reveal - they touted the date everywhere, and then we got to the day of, and it was complete silence all day until what was it like 5pm or something random? Oh here it is! Surprise.

Yes that was a bit odd. At least the uniforms came out to be pretty awesome.

9 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I don't like how OurColores is apparently the slogan for the season, its on all their news releases as the slogan typically is. It was a good slogan for the reveal, but I almost like Just Getting Started more and that wasn't that great either. Is what's his name going to do a custom song called Our Colores?

My personal opinion, slogan doesn't matter. It could be "We're Burying Our Dicks In The Sand" for all I care, as long as the team is good that year.

11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It was actually the next day lol. The teased date revealed the logo and the colors, which technically were already all leaked ahead of time, then they were like "uniforms will be revealed tomorrow" which is what everyone really wanted to see. 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

At least the uniforms came out to be pretty awesome.

Don't go on the sports logos forum... the uniforms are horrible and dull and too dark and are a downgrade from the previous set!

1 minute ago, Michael said:

My personal opinion, slogan doesn't matter. It could be "We're Burying Our Dicks In The Sand" for all I care, as long as the team is good that year.

Ugh, that sounds like it'll be so irritating.