Hey Pablo really looks like he's turned a corner. He's reached the point to where I expect a QS out of him each start, much like Alcantara. 1. Sandy Alcantara 2. Pablo Lopez is developing into a legit 1-2 punch for this rotation. Regardless of record and offense, I am personally excited about this development.

• Like 6
58 minutes ago, Hotcorner said:

we are lucky as hell to be 9-9

This is the silver lining.

This skid hurts but we're still "in it" and a few wins as soon as possible probably puts us right back on track. We've basically played 4 weeks and had 3 good weeks and 1 bad one. Isn't that a bit of a blessing for us? Who realistically thought this team was a first place team already?

I think if you had asked us in July if we'd be happy with a .500 record and being in 2nd or 3rd place after 18 games who here wouldn't have said yes to that? 

It’s actually disappointing that there’s no urgency from the front office to promote guys like Sixto Sanchez and some other top arms when being competitive is great for development. 

Instead we’re trotting out journeymen and/or busts like Brinson in a shortened season when the rest of the division looks pretty awful.

But I guess it’s cool, we’ll settle for another rebuilding season.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Erick said:

It’s actually disappointing that there’s no urgency from the front office to promote guys like Sixto Sanchez and some other top arms when being competitive is great for development. 

Instead we’re trotting out journeymen and/or busts like Brinson in a shortened season when the rest of the division looks pretty awful.

But I guess it’s cool, we’ll settle for another rebuilding season.

This is the proof that the FO don't expect the team to do anything. You have Miggy Ro calling Sixto unhittable at the same time they're sending Jordan Yamamoto out for a 3rd start.

• Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me of the team is trying to be careful with some of the young pitchers right now. We may be able to sneak into the playoffs and have these guys locked and loaded for that run.

I can see teams being a little bit gun-shy currently with the top prospects. Only one example that I have, but the Jays brought up Nate Pearson and now he's potentially done for the year due to injury.

Tigers just brought up Skubal and Mize. Perhaps it won't be long before we see Sixto.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Michael said:

Wouldn't surprise me of the team is trying to be careful with some of the young pitchers right now. We may be able to sneak into the playoffs and have these guys locked and loaded for that run.

I can see teams being a little bit gun-shy currently with the top prospects. Only one example that I have, but the Jays brought up Nate Pearson and now he's potentially done for the year due to injury.

Tigers just brought up Skubal and Mize. Perhaps it won't be long before we see Sixto.

Yeah, I can see this with the pitchers. But there’s no reason Rojas, Cooper, Alfaro, etc shouldn’t be up if they’re taking AB’s in Jupiter right now. 

I don’t care how many days they were out, you can’t convince me that Cooper/Harold wouldn’t give us better AB’s than Brinson, Monte, Forsythe etc right now

14 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

Yeah, I can see this with the pitchers. But there’s no reason Rojas, Cooper, Alfaro, etc shouldn’t be up if they’re taking AB’s in Jupiter right now. 

I don’t care how many days they were out, you can’t convince me that Cooper/Harold wouldn’t give us better AB’s than Brinson, Monte, Forsythe etc right now

If they're not up by Friday at the latest there's something seriously wrong here. 

• Like 2