8/21 Post Game Thread

THE CAPTAIN IS BACK! Three run homer provides all the runs we needed tonight, thankfully.

And so is Alfaro.

Elieser with another five strong. Great job by the bullpen tonight giving us four scoreless. Especially Tarpley. Four strikeouts of six batters faced.

The losing streak is over.

The Marlins have won 2,000 games in franchise history!

• Like 6

Has Elieser figured it out? His HR/FB was super low coming into today, but not anymore lol. That's okay, though, since that number regresses to the main/his current pace was unsustainable.

The ERA, WHIP, BB/9 and K/9 are still fantastic.

If he has figured it out, this rotation can get downright nasty in the near future:

• Sandy Alcantara
  • Pablo Lopez
  • Caleb Smith
  • Elieser Hernandez
  • Sixto Sanchez
  • Next Up: Edward Cabrera; Braxton Garrett; Nick Neidert; Trevor Rogers. Even Mejia showed some good stuff and has nice Minor League numbers.

What do you think?

• Like 3
  • Banana 2
2 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

Has Elieser figured it out? His HR/FB was super low coming into today, but not anymore lol. That's okay, though, since that number regresses to the main/his current pace was unsustainable.

The ERA, WHIP, BB/9 and K/9 are still fantastic.

If he has figured it out, this rotation can get downright nasty in the near future:

• Sandy Alcantara
  • Pablo Lopez
  • Caleb Smith
  • Elieser Hernandez
  • Sixto Sanchez
  • Next Up: Edward Cabrera; Braxton Garrett; Nick Neidert; Trevor Rogers. Even Mejia showed some good stuff and has nice Minor League numbers.

What do you think?

I know he’s been hot garbage this year, but I still think Yamamoto deserves to be in this conversation as well. 

If he can regain the velo he had last year, he comps very closely to a former marlin, Ricky Nolasco. 

• Banana 2
6 hours ago, marlins_09 said:

I know he’s been hot garbage this year, but I still think Yamamoto deserves to be in this conversation as well. 

If he can regain the velo he had last year, he comps very closely to a former marlin, Ricky Nolasco. 

Yamamoto’s main issue is he has no balls on the mound. A couple of hits and he’s visibly having a breakdown on the mound complete with eyes-closed deep yoga breaths. He’s cried on the bench the last two games he pitched. Elieser outperforms expectations cause he goes to the mound ready to battle. and he actually has a solid slider as opposed to Jordan’s rolling curve.

But to your point on velocity, I think that before giving him up they should condition him for the bullpen. I think if he switched to a max effort for one inning kind of guy it would help his velo and his mentality on the mound. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, marlins_09 said:

If he comps to Nolasco, then I want him in the bullpen, not the rotation.

9 hours ago, marlins_09 said:

I just haven’t been impressed with his movement, velocity, location. But I’m happy to be wrong haha

I'm okay with giving Yams a spot start here and there or for long relief. I'm okay with having him compete next year in ST, but I've lost almost all hope for us as a long term option. I want to give him leeway since its the COVID season, but other pitchers are performing well during it.